WEEKLY LEARNING FAMILY NEWSLETTER
WEEK COMMENCING - MONDAY 8TH JULY 2013 -
Please note if any student has not been measured for, or has, a blazer please see Julie Hatton in the medical room on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The last date for ordering unifrom is Friday 12th July. If any unifrom has been ordered and is delivered in the school holidays they will be phoned to come and collect.
NEWS FROM THE DISCOVERY CENTRE!!!
1. Monday is our Cool Word Quiz day- sweets to be won!
2. As always Tuesday lunch time is the Chess Club and Wednesday/Thursday - art&craft activities.
We will continue the sports theme with a Friday lunch time big screen match broadcast. All welcome!
3. Convesation Cafe is on Wednesday at 11am till 12pm - please tell your parents and carers - pick up a leaflet from the Discovery.
4. We have been asked to do a quick survey - please have a look at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFscience .
Fun books on science to be won! http://www.curious-fox.com/products/red-rock/
5. For those who like writing - check out
http://www.shoutaboutmagazine.com/ Sam Hepburn, author of Chasing the Dark who visited us last month, is involved in the magazine and recommended it to the students.
6. Summer reading GIFT for staff and students - please come and pick up a FREE copy of Alex Wood versus the Univers by Gavin Extence.
7. Please please please return your books before summer! Cheers!
Discovery Centre Assistant
City Academy Bristol
Currently reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Just finished Where the Devil Can't Go by Anya Lipska - You can learn some Polish too!
Reading slowly The Innovative School Librarian. Thinking Outside the Box by Sharon Markless (Editor)
Sports Day: Extremely close event with the winning house, Lions being just 5 points clear of 2nd place Panthers 945 - 940, with Leopards in 3rd place (853) and Tigers 4th (826). The Lions effectively won due to the number of students that participated throughout the day, and as a results deservedly were victorious.
These results were then added to the totals of the previous interhouse competitions, with Panthers emerging victorious, narrowly pipping The Lions by 15 points.