Learning to Play the Piano
By: Joe Trotman
Facts About Piano
- A piano consists of 88 keys, 52 of which are white and 36 are black.
- The invention of the modern piano is credited to Bartolomeo Cristofori in 1698.
- There are three types of pianos: Grand, Upright & Electric
- All pianos have petals, which when pressed, sustain the note played.
- There are 12 different key signatures for the piano.
Why I Chose My Topic
I chose this topic because I love music and I’ve always been interested in learning the piano.
I have just never had the time due to school and studying. Music helps with mood and it also reduces stress as well.
The most challenging part of the project so far has been trying to keep up with the due dates for the journals, providing evidence, and keeping up with the portfolio. By May, I hope to have learned some songs on the piano.