Principal's Message June 6 - 10
Dear Peabody and Watkins community,
What a week! This week felt much more routine than the last few. With PARCC testing behind us at Watkins and our effective, immediate, response to the tragedy in last week, we were able to focus on learning and having fun.
As we wind down this year, we will complete end-of-year assessments and have so many fun events planned at the school and grade levels. Please read your child's teacher's weekly notes for the details on many of these events.
We want all of our students to participate in the end of year fun! I still strongly encourage students and staff to wear masks at school to limit the spread and keep all of us healthy and in school for our last few weeks.
- June 6 - Rising PreK Play Date, Peabody Playground 3:30
- June 7- LSAT - new member elections (see below)
- June 10- Embassy Adoption Capstone Event (5th grade only)
- June 10- Peabody field day
- June 10 - Scholar Athlete Awards Banquet
- June 14- Watkins field day
- June 15- step up days at Watkins 1st - 4th graders
- June 17- Watkins 5th grade Promotion at Stuart Hobson
- June 17- Peabody Dance: Glitz and Glow Sticks
- June 20- No school, Juneteenth Observed
- June 21- DC Election Day- Watkins gym used as voting center (more info below).
- June 21 - Kindergarten promotion
- June 24 - Last day of school for students
Asymptomatic Student Testing Schedule!
Every Friday: Asymptomatic COVID testing for students.
9:15 for Watkins
9:15 for Peabody (Kindergarten only - PK students all test at home weekly)
REMINDER: RE-ENROLL TODAY!
LAST DAY OF DPR AFTERCARE IS JUNE 10
5th Grade Year-End Events in June
Our team has been busy planning the end of year fun for our 5th graders. Caregivers, please take note of these exciting events in June!
- 7th - Stuart Hobson Middle School Step Up Day 9:30-11a and Rita’s Ice Social at 2pm
- 9th - Six Flags Field Trip
- 15th - Promotion Practice at Stuart Hobson
- 16th - Spring Dance on the Spirit of Washington
- 17th - Promotion at Stuart Hobson
- 24th - Last day of school for all students.