Lord of the Flies
Types of Government
Democracy: A democracy is a form of government in which all people in a state are in charge of making decisions about the state's affairs. This is usually done by electing representatives to make the decisions. Democracy is the most common form of government seen throughout today's world.
Republic: A republic is a form of government in which all the power in a state is handled by elected officials representing a citizen body. This differs from a democracy, in that power is not directly held with the citizens, but rather by those elected by the citizens.
Monarchy: A monarchy is a form of government in which power is held by one or several individuals until the point of death or resignation. This is the form of government we see when a king or a queen is involved. Monarchy is often considered to be an abuse of power, which is why it is not very common today.
Totalitarian: Totalitarianism is a form of government in which the state holds authority over society and seeks to control all aspects of day-to-day life. There are usually only a few people involved in the government. This small group of people, often times led by a dictator, may not have even been elected. Examples of this are Nazi Germany and The Soviet Union under Stalin.
2) Members will be forced to vote in all elections of leaders.
3) Any attempt to injure another citizen will result in a sentencing of manual labor.
4) All crimes will be met with a trial by jury of your peers.
5) All members of the society will be forced to participate in the jury for every case.
6) Execution will be used on any citizen who makes an attempt to kill another citizen.
7) If the tribe comes under attack, all citizens must come to its defense.
8) All citizens must provide food and shelter for themselves, with no help from the government.
9) All decisions made by the jury are final.
10) Before an execution takes, all citizens must reach a 2/3 vote in favor of the penalty,
Historical Example of Infighting
Current Political Conflict
"Democracy." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Monarchy." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Republic." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Totalitarianism." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.