Hazeldale Hawk-Principal Update
School Newsletter — February 6th, 2020
Note from the Principal
Dear Hazeldale Families and Students,
It is with a very grateful heart that I write this letter to you. Grateful because I have been so incredibly fortunate to have been the principal and become a part of this wonderful community since 2010! Ten of the most incredible years as a professional—but also as a learner, a friend, and a fellow parent in our district. The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I am being assigned the role of Principal at Beaver Acres Elementary School beginning July 1, 2020. While I did not seek out this new opportunity, I am more than happy to lead and serve any school community in Beaverton. I know I will grow to love and care for my new community just as much as I have loved my dear students, staff, and parents at Hazeldale.
I love working at Hazeldale Elementary and will continue to serve it to my fullest through this school year. The staff, parents, and students of Hazeldale are the type of supportive community that will continue to thrive as you welcome in your new principal. I am fully confident of that. This community supports each other, pushes each other to learn more and think deeper, and thinks of the whole community as well as his/her own children.
In the coming days and weeks, the Beaverton School District will be launching a search process and seeking applications for principal candidates for Hazeldale Elementary.
As we see each other in the coming days, weeks, and months ahead—I will be approaching the conversation with gratefulness that I am lucky enough to know you and your child. Thank you for entrusting us with your children. Thank you for your support of our school.
Working with you for kids,
- Wednesday, February 12th—Dr. Mary Ehrenworth @ Springville Elementary 6:30 pm
- Thursday, February 13th—K/1 Music Program—Giraffes Can't Dance 6:00-6:30 pm
- Friday, February 14th—PTO Popcorn Friday (all students receive a bag of popcorn)
- Monday, February 17th—No School—Presidents' Day Holiday
- Tuesday, February 18th—No School for Students—Staff Development Day
- Thursday, February 20th—PTO Dining for Dollars @ Red Robin (TV HWY/Sunset Esplanade)
- Friday, February 21st—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (our all school assembly is at 9:30 am and the section of bleachers closest to the gym entrance doors is reserved for guests).
- Friday, February 28th—LOST AND FOUND UNCLAIMED ITEMS DONATED (end of each month)—Please write your child's name on the tag of their clothing and we will be sure to get it back to them.
- March 2nd-6th—Read Across America Week
- Monday, March 2nd—2nd/3rd Grade Music Program "Sing a Song, Share a Story" 6-6:30 pm
- Sunday, March 8th—Daylight Savings—Spring Forward
- Monday, March 9th—PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- Friday, March 13th—PTO Popcorn Friday
- Thursday, March 19th—Hazeldale Trailblazer Night (vs. Dallas Mavericks)
- Friday, March 20th—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (our all school assembly is at 9:30 am and the section of bleachers closest to the gym entrance doors is reserved for guests).
- March 20th—PTO Read-A-Thon Kickoff (Officially begins March 30th)
- March 23-27 Spring Break—No School
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Hazeldale’s Mission and Vision
Hazeldale Elementary School works to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to engage with power and agency in a changing world.
We provide a learning environment and instruction that promotes engagement, academic excellence, self-confidence, independence, risk and resilience. We foster respect, an appreciation of self and others, and collaboration through inquiry, exploration, goal setting, and service.
Hazeldale Elementary School
The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on any basis protected by law, including but not limited to, an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, familial status, economic status, veteran status, or because of a perceived or actual association with any other persons within these protected classes.