CEA Newsletter May 3, 2016
Information and resources to support you and your classroom
End of year celebration
Friday, May 20th, 2:30pm
Four concurrent locations include Mexico on Hull Street, Capital Ale House on Midlothian Turnpike, Bella Italia on Ironbridge Road, and Buffalo Wild Wings on Jeff Davis Highway in Chester.
Select the location that works best for you. We'll start at the end of your student day, and you stay as long as you like.
Anxious about end of year evaluation?
- Prepare copies of observations and any information related to EOY evaluation;
- Provide evidence to support your position;
- Give your administrator time to review your evidence to modify EOY evaluation;
- Be respectful yet confident.
You know your students best. Evidence for Standard 7 can go beyond the pre and post test scores and growth levels. Add an additional column to a spread sheet that you maintain, then
- Note number of days absent by students;
- Note trauma that may impact learning;
- Note language or learning barriers that impact progress;
- Note special needs and recommendations that have not yet been addressed.
You can also
- Provide additional data points beyond the pre and post test scores;
- Provide artifacts and examples that demonstrate growth;
- Speak with confidence.
If you are not satisfied that the end of year evaluation accurately documents your skills and abilities, you can provide a written response or file a grievance. CEA is ready to help our members with either course of action.
Additional clubs and assignments are voluntary
Policy 4070 (5) Staff Responsibility.
No staff member may be required [emphasis added] to sponsor or monitor a student organization or activity. However, upon assuming this responsibility, the sponsor or monitor shall ensure compliance of any extracurricular activity with the provisions of this policy.
When meeting with administration to discuss assignments for the 2016-2017 school year, be certain that it is an assignment that you actually want to do. Please call CEA if you are feeling pressured to take on an assignment that you do not want.
VEA Smith Organizing School
Tuesday, July 19th, 9am to Friday, July 22nd, 1pm
University Of Richmond
More details will be available at www.veanea.org If you are interested in attending please respond to the RSVP.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.