Career Center Weekly Update
February 29, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
How are YOU keeping calm during midterms?
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Teach, Lead, Make a Difference.
A few facts about Teach For America:
- Students from ALL majors and backgrounds can apply. (You do not need to be an education major or hold a teaching credential to apply. We’ll help you get there!)
- Earn a full salary and benefits ranging up to $50,000/year
- Empower kids from pre K through high school
- Work in 1 of 51 different communities nationwide.
- Read more about picking your regional preferences.
- Earn a teaching credential and opportunity to pursue an M.A. in Education
- Get the coaching and support you need throughout your 2 year commitment
- Access partnerships with some of our top companies and grad schools in medicine, law, business, public policy, etc.
- · Get financial help to get you started.
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
Tuesday, March 1st
Ramsey Volleyball Arena
More information: http://recsports.uga.edu/site/content_page/summercampjobfair
The Summer Camp Job Fair is an excellent opportunity for students to meet with professional camp staff to inquire about potential job opportunities at a variety of summer camps. The Job Fair is hosted by UGA Rec Sports and the UGA Career Center.
Are you a person with a disability...
looking for a career opportunity or internship?
This Virtual Career Fair is FREE for students and alumni with disabilities to attend.
Great opportunity for College students & College grads with disabilities to meet online with employers across the nation including Apple, AT&T, Deloitte, Enterprise, FedEx, Lockheed Martin, Medtronic, NIH, NSA, Panasonic, PwC, UPS, Verizon, & More!
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Just Keep Pushing: 3 Quotes to Get You Over the Midterm Hump
Ahhh, yes… Midterms! They are the bane of nearly every student’s existence and a constant source of self-questioning; but it does not always have to be this way. Midterms are an indication of knowledge one should spend more time mastering, not a representation of everything that you know in a given area. For this reason, I think it is important that you (1) remember to breathe, (2), relax, and (3) for the love of all things health related, try not to stress. If you find yourself needing motivation to finish that paper, or study for a test, remember these three quotes--
Read the entire article on our Career Center blog!
Charles Schwab CEO Reveals How He Tests Job Candidates by Taking Them to Breakfast, Having Restaurant Mess Up Their Order
From The Blaze
A person’s character is revealed during times of great pressure and distress. A great way to test out someone’s character is to observe how they react when things don’t go according to plan.
What if there were a way for employers to test out job candidates and compare how each reacts to unpleasant curveballs?
Read more at The Blaze.
Remember, we're active on all platforms - join us!
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.