FAC Weekly Update
September 4, 2020
Good morning, Fine Arts Center Family!
After a successful opening of the school year, we are excited to be moving to Attendance Plan 2. At 50% capacity, our students will enjoy more collaboration and interaction while still following our social distancing requirements and our health and safety protocols. Student cooperation has been outstanding, and we thank our FAC families for helping us to make the hybrid learning schedule a success. It takes a collective effort of the Faculty, Staff, Parents, and Students to ensure for in-person instruction during this challenging time. We truly are #BetterTogether!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
“Character, competence, and resilience are essential for effective leadership.
Leaders must be true to their values, even when their backs are against the wall. Leaders must cultivate trust by trusting others first, sharing the load, and following through on promises. Leaders must care more about those they lead than they care about themselves. Leaders must clearly communicate a vision or action, an action plan that is realistic and believable. Leaders must be problem solvers and have the courage to make decisions. Leaders must help others develop and become stronger. Leaders must be fit in many ways, including physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Leaders must have the resilience to overcome adversity; resiliency is not only about toughness, but it is also about exuding positive energy that inspires others. Having a positive attitude is essential. We choose how we feel - we can choose to be happy or sad, angry or calm, upbeat or down. Organizations and teams take on the attitude and personality of their leaders. The attitudes of those on the team reflect the leader’s attitude. If your team has a bad attitude, look in the mirror."
- General John Gronsky
Schedule for Week Three
Week of September 7, 2020
- Monday, September 7 - No School, Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 8 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Wednesday, September 9 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Thursday, September 10 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Friday, September 11 - All Students eLearning
Are You a Follower?
Many of our teaching studios have their own Instagram account as well, so follow us and you can easily find those pages through our account.
FAC Mascot: 20-21 Edition!
Inspired by the random creation of the "Fighting Cacti" as our mascot last year, we are starting a new tradition at the FAC - a different mascot each school year. You, yes YOU, will play a big role in this. Here is the process...
1. Send us your ideas by Wednesday, September 9. KEEP IT CLEAN. You are expected to be appropriate and intelligent. Nothing political, nothing lewd...be creative and remember that you are responsible for what you submit.
2. We will select the top 2-5 ideas and put them out to a student vote. The student with the winning idea will receive free FAC merch!
3. After a winner is selected, we will seek student artwork submissions for the mascot logo. The creator of the winning logo will also receive free FAC merch!
4. We will create and sell merch for the new logo. A great time will be had by all! :-)
So, enter your mascot ideas below. Here are some samples...
"The Eclectic Emus"
"The Passive-Aggressive Penguins"
"The Monotone Manatee"
"The Highly Enthusiastic Herons"
"The Fighting Cacti" can stay as our mascot.
Building Hours - Attendance Plans 1 and 2
8:00 a.m. Classes
Building access at 7:45 a.m.
9:15 a.m. Classes
Building access at 8:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m. Classes
Building access at 1:15 p.m.
- Should these restrictions result in a hardship to your family relative to the parent’s ability to get to work on time, please call our Main Office. Before doing so, we respectfully request that you attempt to work out a resolution with your workplace. If no compromise can be found, we can accept a very limited number of students before the above building access times.
- If you have not done so, please read the emails and letters that I sent home. Many students who arrived at the wrong time, either in the morning or afternoon, had received my emails but had not read them. Students are sent the emails and therefore should get in the habit of staying informed.
- Students who attend the FAC in the afternoon and go to Wade Hampton in the morning need to stay at Wade Hampton until 1:15 p.m. Dr. Grant has space for these students to sit, socially distanced, and work on homework. We do not have such a space at the FAC.
- Studio Time is not available to students while we are under social distancing restrictions.
As always, please call or email with any questions!
STEPS TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF EXPOSED to/SYMPTOMATIC With COVID
Week of September 14, 2020
- Monday, September 14 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Tuesday, September 15 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Wednesday, September 16 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Thursday, September 17 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Friday, September 18 - All Students eLearning
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.