As per the Ministry of Health and the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health:
- Students, staff, and visitors need to continue to self-screen each school day.
- Students should stay home when sick. Anyone who is feeling sick or has any new or worsening symptoms of illness (including COVID-19 symptoms) should stay home, until:
- their symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (or 48 hours for nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea), and
- they do not have a fever, and
- they do not develop any additional symptoms.
- For a total of 10 days after the start any illness symptom, students and staff should continue to wear a well-fitted mask in all public settings (including schools and childcare, unless under two years old) and avoid non-essential activities where mask removal is necessary.
- Asymptomatic individuals with a positive COVID-19 test result do not need to stay home unless symptoms develop. If any symptoms develop, they should stay home and follow the recommended guidelines above.
- Individuals attending school who are immunocompromised who are feeling sick, or have a positive test, should still stay home for 10 days from the start of any symptom or positive COVID result, whichever came first.
Apple orchard trip
Running Club will continue on school cycle days 1, 3, and 5, from 8:30am to 9:00am. Runners are encouraged to bring a pair of outdoor running shoes, extra socks, and a water bottle.
Our Cross Country meet for this season will be held on either Thursday, October 13 or Friday, October 14 (yet to be decided) at Fort Henry. Permission forms and more information will be sent home once the date has been determined. The following link to the Limestone School District’s Cross Country page will also continue to be updated as more information becomes available:
School cycle days 1, 3, and 5 are as follows:
Monday, Sept. 12 (Day 5)
Tuesday, Sept. 13 (Day 1)
Thursday, Sept. 15 (Day 3)
Monday, Sept. 19 (Day 5)
Tuesday, Sept. 20 (Day 1)
Thursday, Sept. 22 (Day 3)
Tuesday, Sept. 27 (Day 5)
Wednesday, Sept. 28 (Day 1)
Friday, Sept. 30 (Day 3)
Tuesday, Oct. 4 (Day 5)
Wednesday, Oct. 5 (Day 1)
Friday, Oct. 7 (Day 3)
Wednesday, Oct. 12 (Day 5)
Regional Cross Country Meet on Oct. 13 or Oct 14
Terry Fox Run
Marysville P.S. has proudly taken part in the Terry Fox Run since 1996. In that time our tiny school has raised over $23,000 for the Terry Fox Foundation!
This year we have set a school goal of $500. Please help us to continue Terry's legacy by donating to our school fundraising page at https://schools.terryfox.ca/11072
Our event will begin at 9:00 am with a warm-up. The run/walk will follow the same course as in previous years. There are two routes, both of which are on and off school grounds. The first route is a 1 km walk through the village, and the second is a 4.5 km run or walk up the 7th Line Rd and back.
We encourage and welcome parents and other family/community members to participate and help supervise students along the way by walking, jogging or by cheering as individuals complete their run.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Students and staff will be attending the Truth and Recociliation gathering on Wolfe Island at 9:00am at the Hotel pier.
Students are encouraged to wear an orange shirt to school as we come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope because every child matters.
Orange Shirt Day is a day for Indigenous and non-Indigenous People to come together in the spirit of hope and reconciliation to honour former residential school students whose families and communities have been impacted by the policies and actions of the Government of Canada and the churches that operated the schools.
Our School Council meets approximately four times a year, focusing on information sharing and discussion, and sometimes, how to improve student opportunities through fundraising. At each meeting, school administration provides an update on school-related activities and council members may identify topics of interest for presentation/discussion at future meetings or extra special interest sessions.
Please see below the call for nominations for the 2022-23 school year. Elections will take place at the first Council meeting - date to be determined.
Fresh From the Farm fundraiser
The delivery date will be scheduled between Nov 7-Dec 9. Families will be notified of the actual date as soon as it is confirmed.
All proceeds from this fundraiser will continue to fund or reduce the cost of things like admission costs and busing for field trips. Thank you in advance for supporting our fundraising efforts.