The Cobra Connection
The Sousa Middle School Family Newsletter | August 9, 2020
"Many hands make light work" (Tanzanian proverb)
First Newsletter of 2020-21
I hope our first edition of the Cobra Connection for 2020-21 finds you well-rested, healthy and refueled. Let us send a warm welcome to our new families and a warm welcome (back!) to our returning families. We are grateful for all of you! These are unprecedented times and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work in partnership with all of you. Together, we can do anything!
What is the Cobra Connection?
Introducing Our CSM
This year, we have a new Manager, Connected Schools (CSM)! Our new CSM is Mx. Tejada who is joining us after having taught and coached teachers at the Youth Services Center in NE DC. She comes into this work with experience in education from both inside and outside the classroom and believes families are major players in student achievement. She believes schools should invest in making sure families are involved, informed, and invested.
- DC Public Schools will be starting the 2020-21 School Year virtually. The videos below explain what this means when we start school on August 31, 2020.
- Make sure you complete the tech survey if you need technology for distance learning.
- Check out the #ReOpenStrong website for updates on virtual/distance learning.
- Enroll in DCPS' Parent University sessions to receive additional guidance on what this school year will look like and the district's commitments.
- Make sure you enroll your child as soon as possible!
Mark Your Calendars
Events Happening This Week!
AUGUST 10-14: Popcorn, Popsicles, and Pick Up from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Come by the school to pick up your school supplies, ENROLL, clean out lockers, and meet our new admin team!
AUGUST 11: Parent University Webinar: What I can expect from DCPS during distance learning
AUGUST 12: Cobra Community Conversations via IG Live at 6:00 PM
Join us for our first Cobra Community Conversation featuring our principal. Follow our IG @SousaSteamAcademy1954 to be part of the conversation!