☺☺☺The Respiratory System!!!!!!!☺☺☺
☻☻☻☻☻☻By MacGregor James Battenhouse☻☻☻☻☻☻
- Nose/Nasal System:The Nose is the main external entrance way for air in the Respiratory system. After the air is pulled through the nose it goes through the nasal cavity it gets warmed, moisturized, and filtered before it can ever get to the lungs.
- Mouth/Oral Cavity:The Mouth or Oral Cavity is the second main external entrance for air in the Respiratory System. It would replace the Nose and Nasal Cavity if it needs to. While it can't moisturize and filter the air it can take in more.
- Pharynx/throat:Carries the air to the Wind Pipe. It is divided into 3 regions: the Nasopharynx, the Theoropharynx, and the Laryngopharynx. Since both food, water, and air go through it, it comes with a flap named the Epiglottis, which switches between where the water and food go and where the air goes depending on the situation so you don't choke.
- Trachea/Wind Pipe:It provides a clear pathway for air. It also filters the air even more.
- Bronchi And Brunchioles:They carry air to the Lungs from the Trachea.
- Lungs:They fill with air and get the oxygen out of the air and take it to the rest of the body.
- Muscles Of Respiration:They help the Lungs fill with air by pulling out to take in air and pushing in to exhale.
Its 1 sole purpose is to take in oxygen for the body and take out lethal carbon dioxide.
HOW IT WORKS WITH OTHER SYSTEMS
As I mentioned earlier, it shares the mouth and Pharynx with the Digestive System. It also provides oxygen to the rest of the body.
PROBLEMS ASSOSIATED WITH THE RESPITORY SYSTEM
- Pneumonia: This disease causes the Lungs to fill with fluid, preventing you from getting enough oxygen.
- Emphysema: This sickness destroys Lung Tissue that regenerate. If you get it you may be forced to breath pure oxygen.