Willow Parent Bulletin #5
September 17, 2021
This and That:
The results are made available to the nurse in the next coming days. If your child has a positive result, you will receive a phone call. Due to our diligence in following the CDC guidelines of keeping children at 3 feet, we have had very few other children need to quarantine. A huge part of this is your child wearing his/her mask completely over the mouth and nose. Thank you for helping with this at home!
If your child does need to quarantine, he/she can get a school issued iPad. There is an insurance form that needs to be completed ahead of time. If your child was in the district last year, you have already done this part. If you see and email from One to One Solutions, please do not ignore it. If you follow their simple directions to sign up, you'll be all set.
We appreciate all of your help making drop-off and pick-up go smoothly. As a reminder:
- There is NO parking in the cul-de-sac on Highland Ave. This space is for buses only.
- Students under the age of 8 should be properly secured in the back seat. (Illinois Child Passenger Protection Act)
- Please do not double park or "double wait." If there's not room to pull onto the parking pad, please loop the block and come back around. Waiting blocks all the cars behind you from successfully continuing down the street.
- Be sure to check the signs on the south side of Willow Road. There are several areas that are no parking. While we realize this might be the fastest way to your child, it is definitely not the safest.
- Please cross with the crossing guards. The police department hires them to help keep you and your child safe.
We are always available to answer your questions. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything with which we can help.
The times for each grade level are:
- PreK and 1st from 5:00PM- 5:45 PM
- Kindergarten and 2nd from 6:00 PM- 6:45 PM
Be sure to bring cash with you to hit up the snack table. We do not have the ability to run credit cards. If you find you have empty pockets that night, you can stop in the next day for any left overs. Prices are:
- $2.00- caramel or sprinkle covered apples
- $5.00- family pack of 3 apples of your choice ( it's a deal!)
- $1.00- caramel covered, chocolate dipped pretzel rods ( my favorite!)
- $3.00- bags of either chocolate covered pretzel bites or homemade caramels
Willow's PBIS shirts will also be available. We have red t-shirts and navy crewneck sweatshirts with, "Be Safe, Be Caring, and Be Ready" on the front and "...it's the Willow Way" on the back. You can see the cost on the order form below. You can also stop in the office and grab an order form. Last day to order is Friday, October 1st. Checks should be made payable to Willow School.
Book Blurb: "We Love You, Mr. Panda -Te Amamos Sr. Panda"
Sept. 24: 11:40 early release
Sept. 26: Foundation 153 Fund Run
Oct. 11: NO SCHOOL- Indigenous Peoples' Day
Oct. 29: Halloween Parade outside at 8:30 AM
Nov. 7: Daylight saving time ends- change your clocks back
Nov. 11: Veterans' Day- we do have school
Nov. 12: End of 1st trimester
Nov. 22: Parent-Teacher conferences- NO SCHOOL for students
Nov. 23: Parent-Teacher conferences- NO SCHOOL for students
Nov. 24-26: Thanks giving Break- NO SCHOOL for students
Dec. 17: 1:35 PM EARLY RELEASE
Dec. 20- Jan. 3: Winter break
Jan. 4: Students return to school