Just Off Central
Did You Know? Skitch
Skitch is owned by EverNote, so if you already have an EverNote account, you can sync your files. You do not have to have an EverNote account to use Skitch.
***Some of you may have an older version of Skitch on your MacBook. If your icon is a heart instead of an arrow, you will need to follow these directions. If you get stuck, please contact a geek.
Cool Tools- Showbie
Post your assignments, submit handouts, and have the ability to communicate with the whole class or single student in a convenient wall feed. Want to see how it works from the student's perspective? Click the first link below. Want to see what it looks like from the teacher's perspective on a computer? Click Here. For how it would look like on the iPad, Click Here
- Be my student to see how it works! Class Code is R224Q. (Don't use the email you would want to use as a teacher, in case you like this! - You don't have to use an email to be a student.)
- Create a teacher account! (You may have to retrieve confirmation from spam if you use your PISD account.)
- Watch how to set up your teacher account here!
- How to set up classes - click here! (This takes you to the location of the video about class set up. It is in the middle of the video about setting up your teacher accounts)
- Why you want the iOS app for Showbie - click here (This takes you to the location of the video about class set up. It is in the middle of the video about setting up your teacher accounts)
App Spotlight- Haiku Deck
Simply select a theme and add your text. Choose from millions of free Creative Commons (legal to use!) background pictures or add your own images. You can also add public notes to share resources with your viewers and private notes to help you keep track of the things you want to include in your presentation. You have the ability to control privacy settings so people online see as much or as little of your "deck" as you want.
Even though this is featured as an iPad app, it is also available online and can be used with Macs and PCs. You do NOT need a user account to use the iPad app, but one is needed to create Haiku Decks with the web app.
Geek of the Week
Here's this week's challenge: Stress levels are high this time of year, and your friendly, neighborhood geeks are in need of a laugh. Use your newly-found Skitch skills to create something we would find amusing. Send your masterpiece to us by Tuesday, May 6, and we will select a winner.
Contact a Geek