Quit it now
- Each day, more than 3,200 people under the age of 18 smoke their first cigarette.
- Approximately 2,100 youth and adults become daily smokers.
- 1 in 5 adults and teenagers smoke.
- Approximately 18% of high school students smoke.
Why should you quit?
- Smoking is the most preventable cause of death in the US.
- Smoking causes for than one in five deaths in America
- On average, smokers die 13 to 14 years sooner than nonsmokers.
- About 60% of american children 4-11 are exposed to secondhand smoke at home.