Fibre Art in Ireland
A residential felt & eco printing workshop with Nicola Brown
Invitation from Nicola!
Sunday, Sep. 10th, 9am to Saturday, Sep. 16th, 9am
Kilgraney Country House, Muine Bheag, Ireland
This exclusive residential workshop includes........
- Collection from Dublin Airport on Sunday 10th September
- Welcome to Kilgraney, afternoon workshop and evening reception
- 6 nights shared en-suite accommodation in a courtyard suite (non smoking) at Kilgraney Country House
- Delicious full Irish or light and healthy breakfast each morning
- Superb lunch each day
- 5 and a half days intensive tuition with Nicola Brown and guided excursions led by Joan Slack. Maximum class size 8 people to ensure everyone gets plenty of individual attention and learns new techniques in a supportive, fun environment
- All the necessary materials and equipment for the workshop is included in the cost of the retreat. Participants will be given a list of optional extras which they are free to bring with them or these may be purchased from Nicola's studio at Clasheen if desired
- Guided tours of Cushendale Woollen Mill and Suzanna Crampton's wonderful working farm to meet her Zwartbles sheep
- Exhibition of participants work on Friday 15th followed by a gourmet gala dinner
- Certificate of completion at the end of the retreat
- Delivery back to Dublin Airport after breakfast on Saturday 16th September
- Optional add on guided tour of the Dublin area including Newgrange prehistoric site led by Joan Slack from 16th to 20th September
NB This retreat is suitable for both experienced textile artists and total beginners.
Welcome drinks and nibbles on the first night and a gala dinner on Friday evening are included in the retreat price but no other evening meals are accounted for. Each of the courtyard suites includes a shared kitchen and very comfortable living area but for those wanting a change of scenery award winning Step House Hotel, a couple of supermarkets, several take aways and a selection of super Irish pubs are only a five minute taxi ride away from Kilgraney!
Cost of the retreat
Nicola's 10 day July retreat at Kilgraney House is already sold out so if you would like to participate in the September workshop we encourage you to register as soon as possible! Please email Joan to reserve your place or if you have any questions.