The DCMS Bat Signal: 1/28/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Because the weather is so unpredictable this month (either raining or freezing) we will be conducting an indoor drill to satisfy the state law. This drill will take place tomorrow at 11 AM.
If we would have a two-hour delay on Wednesday, we will still meet at 9:25 AM for PLC.
Our jeans Mondays will be February 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th.
Have a wonderful week!
Teaching Self-Regulation by Modeling
Check this out! I love this. When teachers explicitly recognize and respond to their emotions in class, students learn to engage in these processes themselves. It would be important to personalize the wording you might use to help your students self-regulate.
New Electronic Leave Form Process is Going LIVE February 1
Band Sectionals During Goal Starting Mid-February for 7/8
- Counselor Appreciation Week - 2/4 - 2/8
- Midterm Grading Window Opens - 2/6 - You can start posting grades on the 6th.
- Midterm Grades MUST be posted by 3:30 PM on 2/8
- A Cup Above Catering - Friday, 2/8, from 9 AM - 10:30 AM; you may preorder!
- President's Day - Monday, 2/18, SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
- DLTA Rep Meeting - Friday, 2/8, @ 1 PM
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 2/11, @ SE in the cafe starting at 6:30 PM
- PTO Mtg - Monday, 2/25, @ 3:30 PM in the office conference room
- PLC - Wednesday, 1/30, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/6, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Special Presenter - Tuesday, 2/12, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/13, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Head Mtg w/Marsha - Tuesday, 2/19, @ 3:30 PM.
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/20, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Mtgs - Tuesday, 2/26, @7:25 AM; locations TBD by Department Heads
- PLC - Wednesday, 2/27, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.