All you need to know about Cells
by: Madi Werner
- A Eukaryote is any organism whose cells contain a nucleus and other organelles enclosed within membranes.
- A Prokaryote is a single-celled organism that lacks a membrane-bound nucleus mitochondria, or any other membrane-bound organelles
1. They both have DNA as their genetic material.
2. They are both membrane bound.
3. They both have ribosomes .
4. They have similar basic metabolism .
1. Eukaryotes have a nucleus, while prokaryotes do not
2. Eukaryotes have membrane-bound organelles, while prokaryotes do not. The organelles of eukaryotes allow them to exhibit much higher levels of intracellular division of labor than is possible in prokaryotic cells.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Golgi Complex
- Cell wall
- Cilia and Flagella
We humans have 46 chromosomes but other species have different amounts for example gametes have 23.
The cell cycle has five phases.
1. G1- Cell grows and stores energy
2. S- DNA in cell nucleus is copied
3. G2- Cell prepares for division
4. M- Cell division through mitosis
5. Cytokinesis- Cytoplasm in the cell divides then cell moves on to reproduce again or serve a purpose