Wickham Elementary Newsletter
Car Line Reminders
After School Changes
You can register and make online food service payments at: https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/login/getmain?requestAction=home
Also, Free and Reduced Meal applications need to be submitted yearly to qualify and can be filled out online at https://www.applyforlunch.com/
Milk is provided with each school lunch if your student would like a milk with their home lunch or a second milk with their school lunch the cost is .50 and there needs to be money in their account.
A Note From Our Health Office
The Iowa City Community School District has a protocol in place for sending and keeping children home from school when they are ill. We follow this protocol to make sure that children are given an adequate amount of time and rest to get well before returning to school, and to prevent the spread of germs to other children and school staff. Please help to keep the schools in the Iowa City Community School District healthy environments by following these simple rules:
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has a fever of 100 (F) or greater and for 24 hours after the fever has gone away, without taking tylenol or ibuprofen.
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has diarrhea and/or vomiting and for 24 hours after these symptoms have occurred.
- When your child returns to school after an illness he/she should be able to participate in the total school program including outdoor recess and physical education. Your child will be excused from outside recess and physical education after an illness only by a written recommendation from your family doctor or primary health care provider.
- Please be sure the school has a telephone number where you can be reached in case your child becomes ill at school. Call the school if your child will not be attending school because of illness.
- Make sure your child is adequately dressed for the Iowa winter weather. Please mark your children's clothing to help recover lost articles.
- Our students will not be going out for noon recess if the temperature or windchill is below zero. If your child has proper clothing, playing outside will not be uncomfortable, but pleasant and healthy.
Hearing Van Volunteers Needed!
Please call the office or email Sommer at firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Building hours & activities....
We would like to remind families that our building is closed at 3:30pm each day. We have many independently run activities in our building after hours. When attending these activities we remind families that visiting classrooms and touring the hallways is NOT permitted. When picking up or dropping off students for activities we ask that parents utilize only the areas where the independent activities are taking place. This is for the safety of our staff, students and building.
Field Trip Permission Form
Please fill out the link below to grant permission for your student to participate in field trips for the 2019-2020 school year