Turtleback Elementary School
Where Caring Counts
Dear Terrapin Families,
For me, gratitude is being thankful for what you have and those special people and things that come along in your everyday life. To practice gratitude, we need to learn to appreciate the little things in life that we are thankful for every day. What are some of the things I am grateful for at Turtleback Elementary?
I am thankful for our teachers and staff and how hard they work, how successful they are, and how they serve as the “heartbeat” of this remarkable learning community. I am thankful for our amazing students, our beloved Terrapins, who come to class each day whether on campus or virtually to learn and do their best. I am thankful for our parents and families who support and foster our work to be a great school and learning community for all.
As writers, together we are learning that writing helps us to pay more attention to our lives and the world around us. Everyday is an opportunity to study gratitude and one great way to connect as a family is to make a list of all the things you are thankful for.
Here’s a family challenge...select some of the things you are most grateful for and grow your thinking into a story, poem or skit. The Union-Tribune, Facebook, Instagram and many more platforms are waiting for your stories! Have fun!
Please continue to check your email for important upcoming dates and information.
Thank you again for all of the support. Get some rest and hug the ones you love!
The Luckiest Principal in the World,
Important Reminders and Updates
- When picking up children from school please adhere to social distancing expectations (wear mask / keep 6 feet distance)
- Meet your child at their specific meeting location and exit campus quickly and safely.
- Please do not congregate or allow your children to play during this time. This is not a time to conference with your child's teacher.
- When dropping off students at school please make sure they are prepared for screening by doing the following:
- Student sat on passenger side of car with material prepared for exit
- Student in air conditioned environment and out of direct sun
- Updated pick up locations: order by room # 1, 3, 5, 19, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 8, 20, R4, R7, 16
Weekly challenge..."Wellness Wednesday!"
TEN WISE CHOICES
Number Seven: Choose to see the beauty in diversity. I choose to be considerate of those who are different from me. Our world is full of diversity and variety which can make life more beautiful.
Welcome Back from your School Counselor!
Hello Families! I have missed your children and am so excited for this amazing school year!
We would like to share with you our new counseling website in hopes that it will be a great resource for you and your kiddos. We have our Virtual Calm Corner as well as Newsletters and Counseling Request Forms, just to name a few. Please enjoy navigating through it and feel free to reach out if you feel I can be of any help.
Thank you and I hope to see you on campus soon!
What Is Parent Academy?
Parent Academy is the one-stop shop where parents can come to see and learn about the different types of educational technology tools that teachers are using with students in the district. These resources will make it simpler and easier for parents to understand what teachers use to engage students in meaningful ways in a virtual environment that highlights student collaboration.