Tech Ninja Blast
Week of December 7, 2015
This Week's "JOT": CSE and The Hour of Code!
Why is CSE and computer programming/coding particularly relevant now? Check out some of these interesting stats (source: code.org):
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that there will be over 1 million computing job openings by 2022.
Is there a place for CS - programming in the core curriculum?
Girls who take AP Computer Science in high school are ten times more likely to major in it in college. Minority students are seven times more likely to do so.
(Sources: College Board, National Center for Education Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Shouldn't all students have a chance to learn about algorithms, how to design an app, or how the internet works?
To what extent should we be teaching and investing in verified skills of the future?
How soon before college and university admissions require students to be proficient in at least one computer programing language?
Where's Binder This Week?
- Mon, Dec 7: LCAP and Ed-Tech Planning (DO), Staff Meeting "Tech 5" (HS), SSC Meeting (FG).
- Tues, Dec 8: Ed-Tech Support (MS), Ninja Meeting w/ Ms. Levy (RD)
- Wed, Dec 9: Ed-Tech Support (FG), SSC Meeting (MS)
- Thurs, Dec 10: Illuminate Training Design/Dev., PD Planning w/Ani (DO)
- Fri, Dec 11: Ed-Tech Support (RD, CHS), Planning (DO)