OES Fast Facts
September 4, 2020
New Construction at OES
Morning Car Rider Line at OES
- OES doors open at 7:25 AM each morning.
- Please understand due to COVID safety precautions, our staff will not be able to assist students with opening car doors. You are more than welcome to assist your child exiting the vehicle if needed.
- If your child is eating breakfast, please make sure they arrive to OES before 7:45 AM.
- Only OES students can be dropped off in our car line.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- A student breakfast is $1.25 and lunch is $2.75
- When you send lunch money for your child, it must be in an envelope. Please label the envelope with the following information:
Student’s First and Last Name
Lunch Money Amount
- If you are sending a check, please make sure a phone number is on the check.
- There is also a lunch money drop box pictured above that is located at our front entrance doors.
- At this time, we are not allowed to have visitors eat lunch with students due to COVID safety precautions.
- We encourage your child to bring a water bottle to school each day.
- The water bottle can be refillable.
- Please make sure your child’s first and last name is on the water bottle
Extra Change of Clothes
- Every student needs an extra change of clothes in their backpack.
- Students may have an accidently fall in a mud puddle playing outside or spill milk on their clothes at lunch to give a few examples. If they have an extra change of clothes, they can easily change with minimal disruption to their school day.
- Please put the extra bag of clothes in a bag with your child’s first and last name on it.
Check In and Check Out
- Due to construction to the front of our building, you will drive to the back parking lot of OES and visit our Office Window. Look for the signs.
- Please use Burgess Drive by the post office to drive to our back parking lot.
- Please make sure you have your Photo ID.
Sick Child Check Out
Car Rider Pick Up at OES
- Car Rider line will start at 2:40 PM each day and ends at 3:00 PM.
- Please make sure you have your child’s car rider sign displayed in your car. If your sign is not displayed, you will have to park and go to the office to show your ID.
- Only OES students can be picked up in our car line.
Hybrid Student Lunches
- Monday - Friday from 10:45 -11:15 daily.
- Please be sure to bring the student's lunch card.
- The student must be in the car when picking up meals.
- Each student will receive a breakfast and lunch each day. You have a choice of hot or cold meal.
COVID Safety Precautions Regarding Visitors at OES
Dropping Off Items
If you are dropping an item off for your child, please leave it on the table that is located outside the back parking lot lobby doors. Please put a sticky note with your child’s first and last name on it if your child’s name is not on it. Use the buzzer or call us at 629-6406 to let us know you dropped an item off.
New Student/Withdraw a Student
If you are student needing to register or withdraw, please call us at 629-6406 to set an appointment. You can also email Mrs. Buckner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to speak to Nurse Shaveka, you can call us at 629-6406. You can also email her at email@example.com
If you need to speak with administration please call 629-6406 and please ask to speak to administration.
If you need to speak to the lunchroom about a lunch account, please call 629-5063. If you are dropping off lunch money you can put it in the lunch money lock box located at the front lobby entrance of OES.
T-Shirts, PTO, PayPayms, PreK tuition
Please call us at 629-6406 and ask to speak to Liz. You can also email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a scheduled appointment with a staff member, please buzz or call us at 629-6406. The staff member will be there to pick you up shortly.
Mrs. Crawford and Mrs. Corken
If you are needing to speak to Mrs. Crawford or Mrs. Corken, please call us at 629-6406 and we will direct your call to them.
Any other inquiries, please call us at 205-629-6406. Thank you in advance for helping us keep our building safe for our students and staff.
Free and Reduced Lunch Form
- A Free and Reduced Lunch Form came home was sent home with each child. We encourage you to complete the form for your child. Forms must be completed each year and do not roll over from the previous year.
- You can also access this form online by going to www.sccboe.org and click under the Quick Links on the tab that says EZ Meal Application.
NTERNET (Not provided by SCCBOE)
This is email is from Debra Carroll, federal programs coordinator for St. Clair County schools with an important message about free internet for our students.
As early as Monday, August 24, 2020, voucher letters will be received in the mail for families of qualifying students. These vouchers can be used by their parents for free high-speed internet service through December 30, 2020.
How will you recognize this letter? The front of the envelope will say: “To the parents of…” followed by the eligible child’s name.
If qualified, the parent needs to do these four things:
- Call an internet provider listed in the voucher letter
- Say “I have an Alabama ABC voucher.”
- Receive equipment and installation support from your internet provider.
- Connect to distance learning.
The voucher covers the cost of equipment, installation fees and internet service. Students enrolled in the National School Lunch Program are automatically eligible, which is limited to households earning $48,470 or less for a family of four.
The voucher can be used once, with one internet service provider, to sign up for service for the duration of the program. Enrolled households will not receive any bills and will not be charged any additional fees by the internet service provider.
If you do not receive a voucher, and you feel that you are eligible, contact your child’s school to be sure that you have an up-to-date lunch form on file, with your correct mailing address.
If you have further questions or need assistance in Spanish, call the Alabama Broadband Connectivity for Students Program at 1-888-212-4998 or visit their website at www.abcstudents.org (website also available in Vietnamese and Lao).
Forms Coming Home This Week
- Employment Form
- Home Language Form
- Residency Form
- Parent Compact