Anti-Bullying: The new cool thing
"Courage in the face of persecusion."
- Girls are two times as likely as boys to be victims and perpetrators of cyber bullying.
- About 75% of students admit they have visited a website bashing another student.
- Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide.
- Over half of adolescents have been bullied online, and about the same number have engaged in cyber bullying.
Types of Cyber Bullying:
- Sending mean messages or threats to a person via email or cell phone.
- Spreading rumors via online or through text messages.
- Circulating sexually suggestive pictures or messages about a person.
- Pretending to be someone else online to hurt someone else.
- Breaking into someone elses online account and sending hurtful messages or images.
- Taking unflattering pictures of a person and spreading them throught cell phones or the internet.