CFIE Weekly Updates
April 24, 2015
This Week in the Forest!
Good luck to our Battle of the Books team as they compete in the regional competition in Kinston on Monday and our Math Counts team who will compete in the district match on Friday.
Thank you for sending in your coffee/tea donations for our Relay for Life fundraiser. Our team has been set up at the event since yesterday afternoon. CFIE will be able to make a sizable donation because of your support! Thank you to our staff and parents who came out to support the event and to help at the tent.
Don't forget that May 4-8 is Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week! We need your support to make this a special week for our staff. K-2 parents are asked to bring in breakfast foods on Monday, May 4 and 3-5 parents on Friday, May 8.
Mark your calendars for Step-Up Night on Tuesday, May 12 from 5-7pm. You will have the opportunity to visit classrooms in preparation for next year. Two sessions will be offered, one at 5pm and another at 6pm.
PTO Elections for 2015-2016:
We are seeking individuals for next years PTO. If you are interested in being on the board please contact us at email@example.com. We will be announcing our new board at the next strategic meeting. Please submit your name by May 4th. Here are 10 great reason way you should consider joining the PTO
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN PTO!
10. It’s a great way to meet other families with children the same age as your own.
9. You will become a greater part of your children’s early learning experiences!
8. You can help raise money for a great cause- your children’s education!
7. You’ll get to know the teachers at school and to understand their needs and ideas.
6. It’s one more way to meet and talk with school administrators like the principal and assistant principal.
5. You can create, plan, and execute fun events for the whole family!
4. It’s an hour or so off each month from your hectic household/ work routine.
2. You’ll experience feelings of self-worth through volunteering your time and seeing your efforts pay off in the smiles of your children and their friends.
1. And finally, the number one reason to join us… WE NEED YOU!