September 17, 2021
September 17th: Timberwolf Spiritwear Day!
September 23rd: College Spiritwear Day!
September 23rd: Jason's Deli Fundraiser Day
September 24th: Chiefs' Red Friday!
September 24th: Progress Reports to Families
October 1st: Timberwolf Spiritwear Day!
October 5th: Raising Cane's Fundraiser Day
October 6th: Early Release, Dismissal at 2pm
October 8th: Chiefs' Red Friday!
September Curriculum Connections
Check out the linked Curriculum Connections below to see what our Timberwolves will be working on in each subject area during the month of September! We want to share the learning topics at all of the grade levels so that you are familiar with what topics and content are taught this month! Your child's teacher is always happy to provide more details should you have questions!
Special Family Request
As we continue our AVID journey, we would like for our families to be represented in our college and career displays. If your family would like to participate, please send in a pennant or poster from your college alma mater, technical school, business, local union, etc. We appreciate your participation!
Because of food and labor shortages, our Nutrition Services department can no longer provide birthday treats after Friday, Sept. 17. If you already ordered treats, we will be able to fill orders that were scheduled to go out this week. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we must cancel any birthday treat orders that were scheduled to go out on Monday, Sept. 20 or later. If you need a refund, please let us know.
Approved Birthday Treats:
We will start allowing families to send birthday treats if they want to do so, as long as they come from our list of treats that contain none of the major allergens.
Thank you for understanding that all classroom treats must come from this list, because we do not have the staff capacity to check for allergens that could threaten the health of some students.
Please bring birthday treats ahead of time (two hours after the start of school, at the latest).
- Crazy straws
- Blow Pops
- Juice boxes
- Dum Dum lollipops
- Jelly Belly
- Ring Pops
- Sour Patch Kids
- Swedish Fish
- Life Saver Gummies
Weekly PACK Point Winners
PACK Focus: Hallway Expectations
PTA Reflections Contest
We want to encourage your Timberwolf to unleash his or her inner artist through PTA’s Reflections Arts Program! This year’s theme is “I will change the world by…” This is your child’s chance to express him or herself through one of these categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts, or Special Artist. Click here to watch the promotional video. Entries are due to your child’s classroom teacher or the front office by Wednesday, November 3rd.
The flyer and Reflections packet are attached. Should you choose to fill it out online, save it and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any student (Kindergarten-5th grade) is eligible to participate.
- Participants in this year’s program will receive a treat, courtesy of our PTA, following the submission deadline.
- In addition, winners will receive awards and recognition. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners will advance to the Missouri State PTA Reflections Program. If chosen for 1st place in the Missouri State PTA then those winners will move on to the National PTA Reflections Program where additional prizes and awards are given.
Guidelines for Each Category:
- Dance choreography Click here to view the dance choreography guidelines.
- Film production Click here to view the film production guidelines.
- Literature Click here to view the literature guidelines.
- Music composition Click here to view the music composition guidelines.
- Photography Click here to view the photography guidelines.
- Visual Arts Click here to view the visual arts guidelines.
- Special Artist Click here to view the special artist guidelines.
Click HERE to access the Reflections Entry Form. Please submit this along with your project!
Join us for the first annual
Park Hill Education Foundation Fun Run
Register here to participate!
Become a sponsor by investing $100 in our district. Sponsorship includes
your logo/name on the back of every race participant’s t-shirt.
Proceeds from the Fun Run will benefit the
educational programs the Foundation supports.
Visit our website www.parkhillfoundation.org
See the information at this link for our procedures to keep our students safe at school!
Join PTA! Help our Timberwolves Reach for the Stars!
Counselor News from Ms. Andes!
Social Emotional Activities to Practice at Home
This year at Tiffany Ridge students are learning more Social Emotions Skills during morning meetings in their classrooms. Social Emotional skills help us to not only regulate our own emotions, but also help us get along with others and form healthy relationships. Students are taught several skills during the school year for noticing, recognizing, and regulating their own emotions. They also learn steps to take to work through conflicts with others. There are 5 core competencies that YOU can also work on at home to help strengthen students’ social and emotional skills and get along with others.
- Self-Awareness- you can help increase self-awareness by identifying emotions we are feeling. Work beyond the basic happy, sad, angry and use this feelings wheel.
- Self-Management- you can practice this at home by having students practice asking for help when they need it, practice impulse control by waiting for things, or work on noticing their feelings and asking for a break or other things they need.
- Social Awareness- you can practice social awareness by taking someone else’s perspective, using empathy to understand how others feel about things we do or say, or just being respectful to others in words and actions.
- Relationship Skills- can be practiced by simply listening to others, and practice working through conflicts or disagreements calmly.
- Responsible Decision-Making- can be practiced by having students identify problems, make lists of possible solutions and using empathy and perspective taking to come up with the best solution.
Click here for Social Emotional Resources to support our Tiffany Ridge families!
Nominate a Staff Member for the Park Hill STAR Award
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a Pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee. Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Use this link to nominate an awesome Tiffany Ridge staff member as a Park Hill Star!
Collecting Box Tops is a great way to "fundraise" for Tiffany Ridge! Use the link here to scan box tops. Each box top gives money back to our school!
Click on the link above to view the Park Hill School District Calendar.
Tiffany Ridge Elementary
Follow us for up-to-date information on all the events at Tiffany Ridge through social media!