Willamette Primary PTA Newsletter
September 7, 2021
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
President: Jessica Orth email@example.com
Vice President: Kirstin Hardy
Secretary: Jennie Madrigal
Treasurer: Elliott Gates
Volunteer Coordinator: Erika Robidoux
Auction: Rose Christiansen
Social and Hospitality: Misten Daniels
Members At Large: Allison Haycraft and Shelly Rouleau
Year Book Pick Up and Open House Ice Cream (September 7th)
We will also be handing out Ice Cream treats and answering any PTA questions! See you then!
Back To School Breakfast (September 8th and 9th)
September PTA Meeting- Tuesday, September 14 at 7pm (ON ZOOM)
We have several open committee positions we are hoping to fill! Feel free to grab a friend and work together! Please reach out if you are interested in any of the following:
Trunk Or Treat!
Read To Us Week!
Interested in helping with our 2022 Auction?
Fundraising At Willamette Primary!
1. Annual Fund- Families either write a check or donate online to support our school. This is an ongoing fundraiser. We typically try to raise between $1,000-$2,000.
2. Community Fundraising-Bottle Drop, Fred Meyer Rewards, Box Tops and Dine Out Nights!: There are lots of LOW COST ways to support our school. By donating your cans, signing up for Fred Meyer Community Rewards, downloading the box tops app and dining out at our local restaurants, you are supporting our school in a HUGE way! We typically try to raise between $2,500-$3,000.
3. Fun Run (October 1st): This is such a fun event! Our community, local businesses and families donate money to support our school and students run with their class! This is outside at Willamette Park and parents are encouraged to come cheer on their students. We typically try to raise around $30,000.
4. Auction (May 21): Our Auction happens every other year! Our next Auction is May 21, 2022 at The Oregon Golf Club. Families, local community members and local businesses donate goods and services which we auction off to our Willamette Primary Families! We typically raise around $100,000.
Why We Fundraise!
During the 2020-2021 school year, we:
* purchased yard signs and bumper stickers for each student
* organized a kindergarten family social
* purchased a Willamette Primary 2020 shirt for EVERY student
* purchased coffee and treats for staff each month
* organized Kona Ice, Spectator Pizza, Five Guys Dine Out Nights
* funded the 5th grade celebration
* purchased playground equipment for students
During the 2021-2022 school year, we plan to provide funds to:
* purchase school supplies for ALL students!
* purchase art supply materials for classrooms!
* provide teacher grants for EVERY teacher!
* purchase literacy materials for students and teachers!
* provide materials for PE and Music teachers!
* support students and families in crisis
* new basketball hoops in the undercover area
* new sound equipment for the stage
* campus beautification
* school shirts for ALL students and staff
Your financial support is vital to help us continue to support our students, teachers and families! Please consider donating to our Annual Fund to ensure we can provide the experiences for students and families, and appreciation, financial support and materials for our teachers and staff!
Willamette Primary Bottle Drop!
Box Tops For Education
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
September 8th: Back To School Breakfast
September 14th: PTA Meeting @ 7pm
September 22nd: Back To School Night @ 6:30pm
September 23rd: Picture Day
October 1st: Fun Run!