Knight Family Notes
East Noble Middle School 9-10-15
East Noble Middle School eLearning Day Expectations:
- Completed assignments will serve as evidence for student attendance on eLearning days.
- Students are encouraged to submit their assignments upon completion.
- E-Learning assignments are due by the end of the first school day back.
- Students who experienced technical difficulties will be given one additional school day to complete the assignment for attendance and credit purposes.
- Teachers will maintain contact hours to assist students with eLearning assignments.
- If a student contacts his/her teacher regarding the eLearning assignment to inform of a technical issue, the teacher may assign an alternate task comparable to the eLearning assignment that will be less dependent on technology.
Middle School Building Project
1. Will taxes increase? The school taxes will not increase. The district is retiring debt from North Side Elementary, Wayne Center Elementary, and renovations to East Noble High School and Rome City Elementary. This debt will be paid off about the same time the new debt for the middle school would begin. If the budget passes in November, the Debt Services taxing fund will go from 54 cents per $100 of assessed valuation to about 34 cents per $100 of assessed valuation.
2. Where is the building going to be built? There are 27 acres plus an additional 15 acres of donated land located at the corner of Drake Road and Ohio Street. This land is next to the Kendallville Fire Station and is located within the city limits where many students will be able to walk to school.
3. Why does the building cost so much more than Wayne Center Elementary and North Side Elementary? This building is designed to accommodate 1,000 students which is more than double the elementary buildings. Secondary buildings require more square footage in order to have dedicated science rooms, two gymnasiums (one as a competitive gym), a band room, a choir room, a family and consumer science room, an industrial technology room, an art room, and other areas needed for secondary programming.
4. What will happen to the old facility? At this time, that is unknown; however, the East Noble School Board is committed to not leaving an eye sore for the community. This means if a group is interested in purchasing the facility and they have enough funds to successfully re-purpose the building, it could be sold. If that does not occur, the building will be torn down with the space made available for houses or green space. Before either of these choices can be implemented, ENSC must meet the law on vacant buildings and access for charter schools.
5. Will there be outdoor physical education facilities? The current plans and budget include a grass football field with a track which can be used for daily physical education classes as well as competitions when needed.
School Dress up Days
Monday the 14th is crazy college day. The NE with the most college gear on will receive and ice cream party.
Fridays we encourage our students to wear East Noble gear!
Clubs and Activities
Spell BowlIf your student is interested in spell bowl, please have him/her contact Mrs. Munger in room 201. The spell bowl competition will be held on Tuesday, November 3rd at the middle school.
FOR Club (Friends Of Rachel)
This is our anti-bully club for the building. Our 8th grade spots are filled but there are spots still available for 7th graders. Have your student contact Mrs. Munger in room 201 if he/she is interested.
STAR (Students Taking Actions Responsibly)
There was a call out meeting today (9-10) for any student interested in being a part of STAR. This group will get started towards the end of September. If your student is interested, have your student contact Mrs. Katie David in room 306.
One of our students is interested in starting a book club for the building. If your student is interested he/she can sign up in the media center, the office, or in language arts class.
Study Tables Reminder
Just a reminder that if your student has multiple failing grades, they will have mandatory study tables. Study tables are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until 3:30. It is not an option for students to miss study tables. If they do not come to study tables, this could lead to lunch detentions and in school suspension. Please continue to help us and your student by checking their agendas and checking PowerSchool for missing assignments.
Also, if your student just needs a quiet place to work or additional help after school, they are welcome to come to study tables also. Everyone is welcome to attend on these three days.
9-15- home vs Indian Springs
9-22- home vs Maple Creek
9-14- Gold team home vs Central Noble
9-15- Blue team @ Bellmont
9-15 Gold team home vs Fremont
9-17 Blue team @ Woodside
9-17 Gold team home vs Prairie Heights
9-21 Blue team home
9-21 Gold team vs Churubusco
9-22 Blue team @ Norwell
9-24 Blue team @ Harding
9-24 Gold team home vs Lakeland
9/12 – Indian Springs Invitational
9/16 - @ Indian Springs/Leo
9/19 – West Noble Invitational
Other Important Dates
October 2nd- End of 1st nine weeks
October 2nd- October 9th- Fall Break
October 14th- Report cards issued
Parent Teacher Conferences- October 15th 4:30-6:30