Preparing to Cook (Chapter 13)
Mrs. Hewitt--- ADD your name here
Planning a Menu (Lesson One)
- Define: Time Schedule
- Define: Texture
- What is the advantage of planning meals for the whole day? Explain in 1 sentence using R.A.D.D.
- Why is it important to include variety when planning meals? Explain in 1 sentence using R.A.D.D.
Food Shopping and Storage (Lesson Two)
- Define and give three examples of: Staples
- Compare and Contrast: What are the similarities and differences between a store-brand and a national-brand product?
- Identify and describe 4 tips for judging food quality and safety.
- When unpacking groceries, which should you unpack first? Justify in 1 sentence using R.A.D.D.
Following Recipes and Directions ( Lesson Three)
- Name 5 pieces of information that a good recipe should give you.
- Give the meaning of the following abbreviations and list them in order of largest to smallest: tsp., Tbsp., c.
- What problems might result if you didn't read through an entire recipe before starting to cook? Explain in 1-2 sentences using R.A.D.D.
Measuring Ingredients (Lesson Four)
- Name and describe 3 common types of measuring equipment
- Name 3 types of ingredients that could be measured in a liquid measuring cup.
- Compare liquid vs. dry measuring cups and explain the differences. Explain in 1 sentence using R.A.D.D.
- What types of food require the most accurate measurements? Explain in 1 sentence using R.A.D.D.