Week of June 3rd
HAPPY LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL...
I can hardly believe that the year is coming to a close...it has been a wonderful and fast one! I know that I have felt like the owl on the right a lot these last couple weeks and am sure you have felt the same. Hold on tight...sweet summertime is almost here! Please make sure you are supervising well in all areas and at all times. There are many excited students, parents and teachers at NCE and with excitement can come poor choices. Keeping kids as engaged as possible and following their routine (as much as possible during the last week) is important for all of us! Hold on tight and have a wonderful time creating memories with kids this week! Happy Last Week of School!
Important Events for the Week:
- Testing around the building - (Read to Achieve Testing for select 3rd graders and Science Makeup Testing)
Tuesday, June 4th:
- NO Staff Meeting!! Work on End of the Year Checklist Items!!
Wednesday, June 5th:
- Field Day - Brock will send info out to staff.
- Yearbooks will be passed out!!
Thursday, June 6th:
- 5th Grade Moving Up Celebration in MPR @ 1:00
Friday, June 7th:
- Last Day of School! Early Release at 11:30!!!
Clap Out - We will line the halls and "clap out" our fifth grade students. Please begin lining the hall (Art/in front of bathrooms) and main hall way up to buses/and to car riders around 11:25. Please join us and have your students clap for the Class of 2026! We need all adults to help with this. Support staff please pair up with a homeroom to help with a dismissal.
End of the Year Staff Luncheon at 12:45 in MPR
Monday, June 10th:
- Readministration for Reading - All staff out in the hall cheering for students at 8:00. Please spread out and line the hall from lunchroom to group bathroom and cheer! : )
Tuesday, June 11th:
- Readministration for Science - All staff out in the hall cheering for students at 8:00. Please spread out and line the hall from lunchroom to group bathroom and cheer! : )
- School Leadership Retreat 12:30 - 3:30 in Media Center
Public School Works (PSW) Early Roll Out- All PSW courses for the 2019-2020 school year will be assigned to employees on June 10th to allow for summer/workday completion (if you would like to get a jump start). The deadline for all courses to be completed will be September 30, 2019.
- Remediation for 4th/5th and Readministration Plan - please ask if you have questions. More information will be forthcoming after we receive Science scores.
End of Year Checklist: Please work toward the End of Year Checklist as you can. Reach out to support staff for help as appropriate. Due this week:
If you have not turned in your draft IA evaluation - they are due Monday!
PLC's are not on the calendar this week. However, please plan a time for your grade level to work on completing the draft class lists for 19-20.
IA's - PLEASE work with upper grades to help complete cum folders as you are able this week/on workdays. Here is an assignment schedule for cum folder help.
Packing up the classroom/Retesting:
- We are not going to be able to pack-up classrooms and put all desks/chairs out in the hallway the same as usual. We will have quite a number of students in the building through next Tuesday (6/11)). Please do not begin putting things out in the hall at the end of the week until you get the all clear from us.
- Please begin sending home student things early this week. We can't hold things over the summer for anyone. The only thing that we will want up in the office are report cards that are not sent home. Personal materials can't be stored.
- Bulletin Boards/Work Displayed in Halls - Classified staff, beginning Friday after kids leave, please help to make sure work in halls and bulletin boards are down. You can leave background paper up, but please take down everything else. We want things ready for a deep cleaning/touch up painting this summer and so we can start 19-20 with a fresh start!
- EOY Celebrations: There are many grade level/classroom celebrations going on during the last days of school. If you are leaving your room, but expecting parents, please let front desk know so that we can receive parents with a smile and send them in the right direction.
- End of the Year Survey - Your voice matters! Please fill out the end of year survey when you have time between now and the end of the year. We will use this data in our summer planning for the master schedule! All voices matter!
- EOG Growth Graphs 3rd, 4th, 5th Grade Teachers: Please make sure you go through and update the EOG reading growth graphs with your students before Friday next week. When you finish, please bring them to Mandy's room or put them in her mailbox so we will have them to use again next year! Fifth grade teachers, you can complete them with students and then send them home.
mClass: mClass will rollover to 2019-20 on Wednesday, June 5th. This means you will lose the ability to access and print to this year's mClass data reports. If you haven't printed the mClass materials you need for cumulative folders you will need to do so Monday or Tuesday. The following must be downloaded and printed by Tuesday, June 4th at 4:00 pm:
- All year-end data
- Home Connect Letters
STAR Reports: It is not a district expectation or an NCE expectation to send STAR benchmark reports home in school report cards or add them to cumulative folders. However, if all members of your PLC would like to send home a STAR math report, Darlene recommends using the "State Standard Report -- Student".
- School Improvement Retreat - June 11th from 12:15 - 3:30. We will work on School Improvement Plan, work on the Schedule for 19-20, unpack data, examine TWCS data, and much more! Please sign up for your spot to join this action packed day! Lunch will be provided!!
- Weekly Note: Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Car Rider Duty:
AM Duty: Parrish, Avilia, Alvarez, DePietro, Spencer
PM Duty:Team 4 - Orchard Hays, Rife De Los Santos, Hamilton, Sistrunk, Woods, Rowland, DePietro, Maul
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla.