What's Happening at Griffis
BE Happy, BE Bright, BE YOU!
September Principal Update
Each month you will receive a link to our monthly newsletter. This newsletter will give important updates, information, and upcoming events for Griffis Elementary. This monthly electronic newsletter will replace the campus newsletter that was in our weekly Thursday folders in years past. Each grade level will be sending out weekly grade-level specific newsletters.
If you ever have any questions, please contact us.
We’re thrilled to announce Caddo Mills ISD’s new app! It’s everything CMISD, in your pocket. With the new app, you can access cafeteria menus, news updates, and even emergency not...
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
7th- No school
15th- School Pictures
24th- College T-shirt Day
29th-College T-shirt Day
FRIDAY SPIRIT DAYS
- School starts at 8:00 A.M. and ends at 3:30 P.M.
- Tardy bell rings @ 8:00 A.M.
Students not in the building by the 8:00 A.M. bell are considered tardy. Please refer to our campus handbook regarding our tardy policy. If your child is tardy, please do not drop your child off. For their safety, your child should be signed in. Please park in the front and call the office and someone will meet you at the door.
Check with your student that they have their lunch, backpack, water bottle, and any materials for the day. Due to COVID restrictions, we are limiting outside visitors to our campus. Outside lunch deliveries are not allowed.
Nurse Brittney is going to serve as your point of contact for COVID- related symptoms and issues. This includes reporting illnesses and possible exposures. Teachers will notify Nurse Brittney when students are ill at school and need a visit to the clinic. When a student has potential COVID-symptoms, they will be kept isolated as they wait to be picked up. If your student is experiencing symptoms at home, you will be contacted by Nurse Brittney or administration for information regarding return date and online learning.
- Students who are absent with COVID-19 symptoms need to email notes to Nurse Brittney BEFORE returning to school. email@example.com
All students and staff should be completing this short check before reporting to school in the morning:
CURBSIDE STUDENT SERVICES
- Visitors are not allowed on campus without pre-approval from the campus principal.
- To use curbside student services, pull into the designated parking space. Call the office at 903-527-3162 and indicate your student service need.
- Student sign-out will be touchless and curbside when possible.
- Students who leave campus with COVID-19 symptoms, will be required to sign-out their student using the Sign Out/Return Letter provided by the nurse.
Thank you for helping us transition with these new safety measures.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
- Stay in your car.
- Please place your car rider sign in the front window shield visible for staff members to see. (Let your child's homeroom teacher know if you need a car sign)
- Stay in the traffic line. Do not drive around other cars.
- Cell phone usage is prohibited in a school zone. This includes the car line.
REMOTE LEARNER REMINDERS
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Students should engage with their grade level teacher daily to earn attendance in live instruction classes or showing progress on coursework as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Students should make every effort to be present during scheduled live instruction time and teacher's meetings to allow for direct question and answer.
- As in our District Attendance policy, students absent from instruction should submit a parent note or doctor excuse in order to receive an excused absence. Additional information on excused and unexcused absences can be found in the District Student Handbook.
Attend class on time and daily.
Follow CMISD dress code and Student Code of Conduct.
Remember that all behavior expectations for in classroom apply to remote learning.
Be engaged and ready to learn, collaborate with live teachers, and continually show face during live instruction (Video On or Camera On).
- Complete activities and assignments by given due dates.
Grading criteria will be consistent with those seen in our District Policy and the same as grading criteria for On Campus Learning.
- Daily work should be submitted the same day as assigned.
Technology troubleshooting and support is available through CMISD at the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to see our Remote Learners learning space. Send us a picture of where you're working from home! Send pictures to email@example.com
Caddo Mills ISD Prepayment/Charge Policy
Pre-payment for meals are accepted in the breakfast or lunch periods by the cashier, can be given in the school office to be picked up by the manager each day, or you may set up your child/childrens account on www.myschoolaccount.com. You may pay online by using your checking/savings account OR debit/credit cards. Please note when paying online the system doesn't update until after midnight each day so the cashier will not see the payment until the following day.
The charge policy for Caddo Mills ISD is as follows:
Elementary students may charge up to $8.00 for either breakfast or lunch meals before receiving an alternative meal. Once the student reaches the negative amount, example (1.00 ), the student will be given a notice to take home that their account is in the negative. Cashiers will also notify them daily when their account is getting low and that they need to bring lunch money. Parents may also check their accounts online.
CURBSIDE MEALS FOR ONLINE LEARNERS
Yearbook Cover Design Contest:
Let's see how creative our Griffis students are. We will be having a Yearbook Cover Design Contest. See the flyer below for more information. We can't wait to see your designs. Submissions must be received by September 21st.