Your one stop for all things Salem!
- Calling All Volunteers!!
- Our biggest fundraiser of the year is coming up next week for tracks 1&4!
- It’s a ton of fun for the kids, and for parents who join them as volunteers to help support the event!
- Ask your children to tell you all about the Color Battle, and work with them to suggest creative ways for them to help raise funds to support the school.
- PLEASE also consider volunteering yourself for a couple of hours of support time at the event so you can see what all the fun is about!
- Email Ben Barras at email@example.com with “Volunteer” in the subject line to become involved.
- Register to join the PTA
- The registration form can be downloaded from the Salem Middle School PTA site.
- Please fill out the form and drop it at the school office with your payment of the first year dues, which go to support the school.
Important Dates as of 8/30/2019
- Monday 9/2- Labor Day Holiday- No School
- Friday 9/6- Track Out Day for Track 1
- Friday 9/6- Color Battle for Tracks 1 & 4
- Monday 9/9- Track 2 Returns
- Monday 9/30- Teacher Work Day- No School
Our students have been doing a great job this year with the BYOD policies. As a reminder, student devices need to be turned off and put away during the instructional day, unless a teacher has requested them for instructional purposes. If you need to get a message to your student, please contact the front office. We kindly ask that you please not text your student during the day.
- Fall Sports Tryouts will begin the week of August 27th. Please keep your eye on our Salem website athletics page for specific team information.
Salem Team Websites! This site will be up and running in the first few weeks of the school year.
Every team will keep their website updated and you access your child's team directly from this link. We are constantly seeking ways to make communication easier. This link will be permanently found in this newsletter every week!
Ways to stay in the loop!
Below are links to the SMS website as well as the SMS Twitter feed.