Your one stop for all things Salem!
My appointment to Apex High School!
I am starting my newsletter off with the announcement that I have been selected by the WCPSS School Board to become the next Principal of Apex High School. I am honored and humbled by this appointment and I look forward to leading Apex with the same passion and commitment to student success that I had for Salem. I have truly enjoyed my time here at Salem and I am so blessed to have been able to call this school community home for the last five years. It is a school that has focused on high student achievement and will continue to do so well into the future. I will be starting at Apex High on August 12th.
Jonathan Enns, the Southwest Area Superintendent is holding a parent input session on Thursday, July 25th at 5 pm in the Media Center. The information gathered from this input session as well as from a session held for the teachers earlier that day will be compiled and used in the selection process for Salem's new principal. Your input is extremely important!
Thank you for all of the support you have given me during my time here at Salem. I have thoroughly enjoyed our partnership and I am excited that I will be able to continue that partnership with many of you who are Apex High School families!
Important Dates as of 7/17/2019
- Open House for Tracks 1 - 3 is Thursday, July 18th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Parent Input session for identifying characteristics of Salem's new Principal - July 25th at 5:00 pm in the Media Center
- First Day of School for Track 4 is Monday, July 29th
- Open House for Track 4 is Thursday, August 8th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Open House Information!
8th grade schedule
6:05 - 6:20 1st Elective
6:25 - 6:40 2nd Elective
6:45 - 7:20 Core Team
7:25 - 8:00 Auditorium
7th grade schedule
6:05 - 6:40 Auditorium
6:45 - 7:00 1st Elective
7:05 - 7:20 2nd Elective
7:25 - 8:00 Core Team
6th grade schedule
6:05 - 6:40 Core Teachers
6:45 - 7:20 Auditorium
7:25 - 7:40 1st Elective
7:45 - 8:00 2nd Elective
Your student will be bringing home a paper schedule with room numbers and any other pertinent information for our Open House. We look forward to seeing you at Salem Thursday night!
Information from the SMS PTA!
Salem Middle School is in a dire predicament!
We are in desperate need of a Treasurer and President to be able to continue our PTA! If we are unable to fill these positions our PTA will have to dissolve this year.
If you have any kind of basic Accountant/Bookkeeper training, we could really use you. Without at least a treasurer, we will not be able to sell Spirit wear or agendas, we won't be able to give our teachers start up funds, we won't be able to have fundraisers to support Salem's tech needs, we won't be able to host Cultural Arts Events, put on end of 8th grade activities, or end of year field days.... I think you get the picture.
The Wake County PTSA has excellent trainings that will ensure you have all of the tools to be able to fulfill the requirements of this position. Please help us continue the tradition of excellent support we have always been able to provide our students, the staff and this school!
You may contact Tracy Taylor at email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions.
In the meantime, we would love for you to join the PTA! Tap this link to learn more about what's included with your membership at Salem Middle School PTA or check out our new digital "Startup Packet" to get started. Be sure to subscribe to our New PTA Newsletter to continue receiving notifications and get the latest news and event info.
Transportation Updates for Track 4
Awesome work with our BYOD policy!
1. Students should exit and enter the cars from the sidewalk side of the car.
2. Students should exit cars all around the carpool loop. There are signs that ask you to pull up to the front of the loop and there is a sign at the end of the loop. Students should be getting in and out of their cars in between those two signs. It will make carpool much more efficient for everyone!
3. Do not park in visitor parking or any parking space and ask your child to walk to your parked car. Our parking lot is extremely dangerous in that there are many blind spots between the parked cars and the narrow turns.
4. Please drive slow, be patient and stay off of your cell phone while you are moving through carpool.
School Improvement Team
- Blue Notes Auditions - Tracks 1 & 2 July 18th from 3:00 - 4:30
Tracks 3 & 4 August 6th from 3:00 - 4:30
**Roster will be posted on August 7th
**Please email Ms. Erin Hodge at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
**All students are welcome!
- Fall Sports Tryouts will begin the week of August 27th. Please keep your eye on our Salem website Athletic's page for specific team information.
- NJHS Induction Ceremony August 15th from 6 - 7 pm in Salem's auditorium. All students who submitted an application at the end of last year have been approved for membership.
** 8th grade students who are new to Salem who believe they are eligible for
membership should speak to or email Mrs. Sara Roberts at
email@example.com. She is on the 8-1 team.