Lincoln Middle School
November 5, 2021
SHIELD testing information and reminders!
- Students cannot eat an hour prior/chew gum 30 min prior to testing. If students drink things that stain saliva (Gatorade, etc), the sample won't be valid- avoid these on testing days!
- If students take free breakfast at school, and they have an early testing time, they may need to test at a different time or after school. The SHIELD testers are here after school until 3pm on testing days.
Breakfast is available for all students!
- Please make sure to sign up through Mr. Kaiz's previous email
- Students should report directly to the cafeteria. Bus riders can enter through Door 5 to go straight downstairs.
Lunch is available for all students!
- Sign up is not necessary!
- Students must take a full lunch (entree, side fruit/veggie). Milk is optional.
- No a la carte items. Students are not able to purchase an additional slice of pizza or just a milk- students must select a full lunch.Students must have their ID number in order to receive a free lunch.
In-Person Conference Reminders
CONFERENCE DATES: NOVEMBER 1, 4, AND 10, 2021
- Please use hand sanitizer available upon entrance into the building.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance from staff members.
- Masks are mandatory while inside the building. If a visitor refuses to wear a mask, we will ask that you reschedule your conference via zoom.
- Please notify your child's team to request a zoom conference if a parent has COVID symptoms or if a positive case exists within the home.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: LINCOLN'S LOST AND FOUND WILL BE DONATED NOVEMBER 10th.
Our Lost and Found will be overflowing by the end of each quarter. In the week or so following the close of a quarter, items in the Lost and Found are donated to charity. Every effort is made to return those items labelled with a student name. Announcements are made to remind students that items in the Lost and Found will be donated to charity.
SPECTATOR GUIDELINES FOR LINCOLN ATHLETIC EVENTS
The following guidelines are in place so that families can attend athletics events at Lincoln:
- All spectators are to be masked for the duration of their time in the building.
- Only family members of players/performers will be admitted as spectators.
- There is no "student section."
- Siblings of athletes must sit with their parents.
- Due to limited capacity in our stands, we want to prioritize our limited space for families of athletes.
- This policy is consistent with all schools in the MSMSAC athletic conference.
Adherence to these guidelines is mandatory so that Lincoln can participate in and host athletic events as a member of the Mid-Suburban Middle School Athletic Conference during the Covid-19 pandemic. Thank you for your cooperation.
Multicultural Matrix . . . New Club at Lincoln !
Do you speak another language other than English? Were you born in another country? Have you visited other countries or perhaps been interested in visiting other countries? Whether you answered yes or no, it doesn’t matter! You are invited to join the Multicultural Matrix at Lincoln Middle School. We will be learning about different countries--their customs, traditions, and foods--and we will also be making crafts and connecting with each other. We are more alike than we are different, but we will be celebrating our differences in various ways. Please join us on two Wednesdays of every month for a fun and meaningful time together. Do you have ideas or suggestions for our Multicultural Matrix? If so, join us at our first meeting on Wednesday, November 3. We look forward to seeing you!
PTO WANTS YOU TO KNOW . . .
Donations Requested for Conference Grab-and-Go Snacks for Lincoln Staff - It’s not too late to donate toward staff grab-and-go snacks during conferences taking place the next few weeks. Small acts like these go a long way in showing our collective appreciation for our Lincoln teachers and staff.
We ask all Lincoln families and PTO members to consider donating via Paypal at this link or through the QR code to help offset costs. You can also drop cash or check made payable to the Lincoln PTO in the school office. Please make sure to mark your envelope “PTO Teacher Appreciation.” Contributions at any amount are appreciated and are tax deductible.
Upcoming Meetings and Opportunities to Support Your PTO - Mark your calendars… the next Lincoln PTO meeting takes place at the school on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. All current PTO members and those interested in joining are welcome to attend.
Ready for our next PTO Dine & Share? On Monday, Nov. 15, order online or visit the Randhurst Panera between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. and 20% of your purchases will help support Lincoln staff and students. You must either enter the code on the related flyer when ordering online or show the paper or digital flyer when ordering in person.
As always, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.
ED FOUNDATION GRANT CYCLE OPEN!
The District 57 Education Foundation is a non-profit organization comprised of Mount Prospect community members whose mission is to raise money to fund grants in the areas of curriculum, wellness, and technology. Grant requests may be written and submitted by district teachers, staff, students, and parents. The grants enrich the educational experiences of all students, helping them to achieve at their highest potential. Funded grants allow teachers to have access to the resources they need to support teaching and learning at Westbrook, Lions Park, Fairview, and Lincoln schools.
Over the years, the Foundation has funded computers, iPads, ELMO projectors, Smartboards, musical instruments, art supplies, fitness equipment, and supplemental reading material - all to enrich our children’s educational experiences. We are currently in a new Grant Request Cycle. A description of the grant request submission process and form is located within the Grants section of our website at https://www.57edfoundation.org
Grant requests are due by 12/17/2021 to the Ed Foundation at email@example.com
Parent community members who are interested in submitting a grant request should contact the school principal to which the grant will benefit. The Ed Foundation will review all requests at our February meeting. Please contact the Ed Foundation Grant team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you for your continuous support of the D57 Education Foundation.