Osprey Outlook Principal's Update
Olivet Elementary Charter School
Information for Our Olivet Families
Para ver el boletín en español u otro idioma, vaya hasta la parte inferior y oprima el botón blanco "traducir". Usando el cuadro que emerge, seleccione el idioma de su elección "
Dear Olivet Families,
We hope this note finds you safe, warm, and hopeful. This time is unprecedented and we appreciate your patience as we navigate the ever changing landscape of living and learning during this historical event. We are monitoring the coronavirus situation carefully and following all guidelines set by our District, the Sonoma County Office of Education, and the State Health Department. Your health and safety is of primary importance to us. At this time, we know that our school will continue to be closed through May 1st. We anticipate the County Department of Health and/or the State of CA will provide some guidance as to what to expect during April, relatively soon. When we learn what the directive is, we will email families with an update. Also, please know that to date, there are no known cases of COVID 19 within the Olivet community, staff or students.
A primary source of educational information can be found on the POUSD Instructional Resources Website. This resource is ever-changing and evolving over time. Here are some new items that were added this week:
1. More PE resources including videos from one of our very own PE Coaches!
2. An Art Resources Button
3. An English Language Learner Button
4. A Speech and Language Resources Button
5. A Parent Tech Help Document to access POUSD online programs
6. Links to Teacher's Classroom Pages (*Please note if your child's teacher has a classroom page, you can just click on their teacher's name on the correct grade level span button to access their learning platform: SeeSaw or GoogleClassroom). On the learning platform, several teachers have been adding their own weekly assignments, videos, morning messages, and more! Your home computer should be able to access all of these communications. Please contact your teacher directly for student log-in information. Google Chrome tends to be the favored platform.
Please continue to refer to the POUSD Instructional Resource Website throughout this school closure time. We are doing our very best to keep it updated and relevant.
For other important updates, we will notify you in the following ways:
-Bright Arrow Texts
-POUSD and Olivet websites
Kiddos missing their school breakfast and/or lunch? Here are a couple of helpful websites:
On a more personal note, I know this is an extremely challenging time with schedules upended, education interrupted, and financial futures, uncertain. It is an unprecedented challenge that we are all addressing in different ways. The isolation that we must endure, can be softened by reaching out to others. Please connect with your teachers and use them to guide you to engaging learning activities that will add some sense of routine and normalcy to your, and your student's lives.
Please don't hesitate to be in touch with questions or concerns.
In health and kindness,
This site is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Just click the button and it will take you to the website.
Other Free Educational Websites for Home
Sometimes screen time is a necessity if we have children at home and work we need to do. Here are three apps that make screen time a learning time:
- CodeMonkey: a game-based education program that teaches children to code. It comes with a membership fee, but there's a free 14-day trial that doesn't require a credit card.
- BrainPop: Online learning across subject areas for children in kindergarten through middle school and ELL learning for all age groups. Free.
- Khan Academy: Online learning in math, science, and literacy for all age groups. Standards-aligned. Free.
- BrainPop: Fun, interactive educational activities for all ages and all subject areas
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Interactive learning journeys for all ages.
- MUSIC TEACHER BRITTANY Videos
- Kindness for families.
Click here for facts sheets, posters, and resources for your school/classroom.