Missing: Polar Bear
The natural habitats of the Polar Bear, ice caps located in the Polar North, are currently melting due to the global warming of the Earth. Consequently, as the Polar Bear's habitats begin to decline, so will the species itself.
- Height: 10 + feet tall standing on hind legs
- Weight: 775 - 1,200 pounds
- Fur: 2 inch thick white coat of fur
- Teeth: 42 teeth (including 3 inch canines)
- Claws: 6 inch razor sharp claws
Why Should You Care?
The Polar Bear serves as an apex predator at the top of the Arctic food web. Many organisms are connected to the Polar Bear through the food web. For example, the Arctic Fox relies on the scraps that Polar Bears leave behind after a kill. In addition, Polar Bears feed on seals. Without the Polar Bears, the seal population would increase, thus affecting the fish population.