News of the Week
November 28-December 2
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Holiday Shop: Please see the Holiday Shop flyer and envelope in your child's folder. If they are interested in bringing money to shop for small items for their family, our shopping day will be on WEDNESDAY, December 7th. You can send the money in the white envelope and an 'elf' from the shop will come pick them up at 1:30 that day.
- Winter Party: Our class party will be on Monday, December 19th from 1:30-2:45pm. We will just be coming back from lunch around 1:30, so you can meet us at our classroom (or join your child for lunch and then walk back with us). We will do some activities, eat some snacks, and have a jolly time. If you wish to check your child out at the end of the party, you may do so from the front desk, just like we did at Thanksgiving.
- Money book: We have been learning about money this week (and will continue next week). We completed a fun money book that is coming home in folders today. Try to hang onto it to quiz your child periodically; many of them are still pretty unsure about the coin names, what they look like, and what they are worth. Practicing with real money would be helpful, too. They need to practice the name and value of penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and dollar.
- PIR Program Thank you for sending in the yellow PIR folders every Tuesday and taking the time to fill them out and read with your child at home! I know it is time consuming to write down all the books, but the kids get so excited each week to talk to our PIR parent and see their progress chart fill up!
- We are going to help their progress along even more here at school. I have been keeping a list of all the read-alouds we do here at school and send them to our PIR parent each time we read 20. This moves each child up a level every time I send a list- so far we have read 6 levels worth of books!!
- Also, we will be counting their boxes of books from reading time that they choose each week. There are ten books in there each week, so that will move them up an additional level every two weeks! Our PIR parent will just mark them as "Book Box Books" and draw a line down 10 spots on their logs instead of writing in all of the titles. Yay! I know the kids will love seeing their progress grow even more!
- Skills Assessed: We will start our one-on-one assessments for the end of 9-weeks' skills over the next couple of weeks. Please see below for the skills we will be assessing for this quarter.
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Using sight word power to figure out words
- Sight Words: Review
- Writing a How-To book
- Coin names (penny, nickel, dime, quarter)
- One dollar
- Recognizing coins
- Coin value
- Count to 100 by 1's and 10's
- Count forward one more from a given number
- Write numbers 0-20
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **