Scenic Park (Week of Oct 4-8)
- Mon-Fri - Cont. Alaska Development Profile K
- Mon-Fri - Cont. Fall Benchmark MAP Growth Gr. 3-5 (see info below)
- Mon, 10/4 - Healthy Future logs due (see info below)
- Tue, 10/5 - Picture Day (see info below)
- Tue, 10/5 - Battle of the Books (see info below)
- Wed, 10/6 - Zoom Coffee & Convo / NOON (see info below)
- Fri, 10/8 - Eagle Pride - wear school spirit shirts or school colors (blue & yellow)
- Sat, 10/9 - ASD Drive Thru Vaccine Clinic (see info below)
Next Week: 10/11-10/15
- Mon-Fri - Cont. Alaska Development Profile K-1
- Wed, 10/13 - Zoom Coffee & Convo / NOON (see info below)
- Fri, 10/15 - No school for students. State released professional development day. End of first quarter.
You received a letter earlier this year explaining the details of Healthy Futures. Here is a short recap
- Healthy Futures is a statewide, grassroots movement to help youth build positive, lifelong physical fitness habits.
- To participate: with your assistance, your child records physical activity on the Healthy Futures Activity Log.
- Qualifying logs must show at least 60 minutes of physical activity during a day, for at least 15 days of the month.
- Students can now count their active time during PE class and recess.
- Students turn in completed logs to Ms. List with your signature in exchange for exciting prizes, including the chance to win a grand prize sports package of their choice, worth up to $300.
- The contest will run for the months of September, October, November, February, March, and April.
SEPTEMBER LOGS ARE DUE BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 4TH.
How to view & order school pictures...
School pictures will be Tuesday, October 5th!
- You will not be placing a school picture order until after school pictures are posted online after picture day.
Do you want to be notified when pictures are ready to view and purchase?
- If so, please enter in your information HERE to "opt in" notifications.
Battle of the Books!
Scenic Park Battle of the Books practices begin on October 5th.
Are you in 3rd or 4th grade and wanting to do Battle of the Books?
- Practices will take place from 8:10 - 8:40 on Tuesday mornings
- In room 130 with Coach Mott
- LINK HERE for BOTB titles and summaries
- LINK HERE for permission slip
- Please contact Mrs. Mott with questions.
Are you in 5th grade and wanting to do Battle of the Books?
MAP Growth (Gr. 3-5)
MAP Growth is the ASD benchmark assessment for students in grades 3-9 in reading and mathematics. Grades 10-12 also take MAP Growth as part of Tier II and Tier III reading and mathematics courses.
MAP Growth is an online benchmark assessment tool used for instructional purposes. MAP Growth is an adaptive assessment that provides each student with a personalized testing experience with data that speaks to their individual progress and growth in mathematics and reading. Practice tests and accommodations are available.
The MAP Growth Benchmark will be administered in person during the benchmark windows for 2021-2022:
- Fall Benchmark 1—September 27 - October 8
- Winter Benchmark 2—November 29 - December 10
- Spring Benchmark 3—April 18 - April 29
MAP Growth Benchmark practice tests are available to allow students the opportunity to become familiar with the types of questions and tools available on the actual MAP Grow assessments such as the highlighter and calculator. Practice tests are provided at practice.mapnwea.org and require login information
- USERNAME: grow
- PASSWORD: grow
Zoom Coffee & Convo with Principal Rucksdashel
This week's topics:
- Review of all things going on this week at Scenic Park.
- Pick Up and Drop off traffic! Want to discuss, share your frustration, or help me brainstorm ideas on how to improve our traffic flow? Join me for this Coffee and Convo.
Jump on Zoom with your cup of coffee and let's chat!
Wednesdays @ 12:00 NOON
- Open to anyone in the Scenic Park community.
- Meeting ID: 107 354 748
- Passcode: ScenicPark
Email Lori if you are having any difficulty accessing the Zoom:
Families...meet our new virtual SLP, Natalie Terranova.
Submit your own photos for the YEARBOOK!
Do you fun Scenic Park photos that you want to submit to be included in the yearbook?
If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any photo submissions!!
Recognize any of these items? Have your student stop by lost and found outside of the front office.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR COMING SOON!
We are looking for one more SUPER SUB! If you are interested, please check out the sub application and reach out to Lori Rucksdashel at 742-1650.