October 7, 2022
- Tuesday, October 11 - Dyslexia Parent Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 12 - McDonald's Spirit Night, 5:00-8:00 pm
- Friday, October 14 - Spirit Shop, Bring a flashlight to school to read with!
- Monday, October 17 - Book Fair Starts
- Tuesday, October 18 - Book Fair Family Night, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Friday, October 21 - Bring a towel and sunglasses to school for reading outside!
- Monday, October 24 - Teacher Work Day (Student Holiday)
- Tuesday, October 25 - Red Ribbon Week Starts
- Friday, October 28 - Fall Photos
Students are nominated for this Principal’s recognition award for going above and beyond our school expectations - those who exhibit leadership, kindness, and extraordinary character!
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars:
- Preston Clement
- Sebastian Ramirez
- Samaveda Desari
- Zayn Zahiruddin
- Mihika Karthink
- Carson Fogle
- Amaar Lodhi
Pictures from our week!
Mid-Year GT Referral Window
The Mid-Year GT Referral window is open until November 30, 2022. This opportunity applies to any 1st-5th grade student who has not tested in the 2022-2023 academic school year. All kindergarten students will be screened in the spring. A parent referral form is not needed for kindergarten students.
If you would like your students tested for HORIZONS, please complete the attached form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Want to volunteer in the classroom this year? Interested in teaching 30-45 minute lessons to your child and their class about opportunities for civic engagement and life skills? We need classroom volunteers for all classes K - 5th! If this is something you're interested in doing please visit the Rennell PTO Website below and click the Volunteer tab at the top. The JA Volunteer Sign Up link is posted at the top of the page. We'll be communicating information out late next week about what's involved and training, quick and easy!
If you have any questions please contact Christy Holecek at firstname.lastname@example.org