Boulder Hill Elementary
October 28, 2022
About our School
Boulder Hill Elementary School
World-class schools serving caring communities.
We A.R.E. Boulder Hill
(Para ver el boletín en español, haga clic en el icono de funciones de accesibilidad.)
Location: 163 Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery, IL, USA
8:45 AM - DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENT ARRIVAL (there is no supervision prior to 8:45 AM)
9:00 AM - school starts / instruction begins
3:50 PM - end of school / student dismissal
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday - 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
Boulder Hill receives an "Exemplary School " summative designation on Illinois School Report Card
The state of Illinois recently released the 2022 Illinois Report Card. We are proud to say that Boulder Hill was one of seven schools in the district to receive an "Exemplary" status. What's so important about this designation is that it provides evidence of the hard work and commitment from each student, staff and family member of the Boulder Hill School community in creating a school of excellence. We still have much work to do in our efforts to make sure that ALL Boulder Hill students achieve at high levels.; but we are on the road to success!
Let's go Bobcats! We A.R.E. Boulder Hill!
Please use this link to visit our school report card https://www.illinoisreportcard.com/School.aspx?schoolId=240473080262004
Boulder Hill School Improvement Plan Goals
Each year Boulder Hill school staff create a School Improvement Plan that outlines goals and action steps to present to the school board. This plan was shared at the October PTA meeting. Once reviewed this plan is made available to the school community on the school website. You may also request to see a copy of the plan in the school main office.
Here are the goals included in the plan:
- Math Goal: Increase student engagement from FALL to SPRING in Math through student group exploration and collaboration opportunities, teacher use of AVID collaborative structures, and teacher professional development offerings as evidenced by classroom walkthrough data collection, peer observation opportunities and artifacts.
- Reading Goal: Increase student engagement from FALL to SPRING in Reading through dedicated independent reading time, teacher use of AVID collaborative structures and teacher professional development offerings as evidenced by classroom walkthrough data collection, peer observation opportunities and artifacts.
- School Culture & Climate Goal: To support staff SEL by increasing the Collaborative Teachers measure on the 5 Essentials by 6 points through regular opportunities for staff to collaborate with one another,as evidenced by staff meeting collaboration opportunities, peer observations/feedback data and artifacts.
Please be on the look out for ways that you can support our school improvement goals.
Snow/Emergency Day Packets (Days 1 & 2) coming home
Days 1 & 2 of the Snow/Emergency Day work packets will be sent home for all grade levels. Please see individual teacher communications regarding specifics on where to locate the snow/emergency day packets.
In the event the school would need to close for snow/emergencies, please note the following:
- the school day will run from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Teachers will be available by phone, email and live in their Google meets from: 9-9:30am, 11:30am-12pm and 1:30-2pm to support and answer any questions a child might have.
Student attendance is required for a snow/emergency day. The second page of each packet will be collected by the classroom teacher when school reopens. The students only need to bring the page back filled out by the parent. They do not need to return the entire packet back to school. Please keep it in a safe place at home. We will be using this as our instructional tool for our snow/emergency days.
Please know that all elementary schools are following this same procedure. If you have any questions please email your classroom teacher for clarification.
Veterans Day - Boulder Hill looking for Veterans - FINAL CALL!
Dear Boulder Hill Families,
Veterans Day is around the corner. Boulder Hill would like to celebrate and honor the services of our U.S. military on November 10, 2022. We live in freedom and are grateful to the men and women who have/and still help preserve it. If you have any military veterans in your family, we would LOVE to honor them by inviting them to Boulder Hill. This year we would like to invite our Boulder Hill Family Veterans into the classroom. We are looking for veterans who would be interested in spending time in the classrooms for an opportunity to share stories about their branch of service and time in the military. If interested, please email your child’s teacher(s) to schedule a visit from the special guests.
In addition to the classroom visits, we will also create a Veterans Day slideshow. If you have a veteran that you would like to have honored, please have pictures submitted no later than Friday, October 28th. Please submit your picture to Mrs. Blue email@example.com and include;
Branch of Service
Description of where they served, what they did, special commendations, etc.
Student/Staff Name /Veteran’s Relationship to the student or staff
Pictures submitted after the deadline will not be able to be included. If you have questions please contact the main office at (630) 636-2910.
Boulder Hill Fannie May fundraiser ends November 1st.
Boulder Hill Blessing Bows
In honor of Kerrigan Rutherford, a Kindergarten student who unexpectedly passed away, Boulder Hill is hosting our annual "Blessing Bows" event. Kerrigan loved big, sparkly bows, and we want to continue honoring her by displaying bows on our giving tree. Children's names will remain confidential. If you are interested in having your child receive a gift from our Blessing Bows Tree, please fill out this short survey to give us some information. You may also use this form if you are interested in sponsoring a family in need.
We will take submissions until November 7th at 4:00 P.M.
Link for the form for parents to fill out: https://forms.gle/ycDh82KdGkXigfCE8
Yearbook 10% discount extended until October 31
The yearbook company has extended the 10% off until Oct. 31st as a result of the hurricane on the east coast. Here is the link: https://www.treering.com/purchase?PassCode=101635966103890 for ordering. Please find more information in the attached the flyers in Spanish and English
Lost and Found
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.
Dr. Lindsay Allen Memorial Benches fundraiser
Dr. Lindsay F. Allen served as the Director of Elementary Education at Oswego Community Unit School District 308 from 2018-2022. Prior to that, she was Southbury’s principal from 2010-2018 and Assistant Principal from 2008-2010. During her tenure, she was a valued and respected leader, colleague, and friend to the entire SD308 community. Dr. Allen passed away unexpectedly on July 27, 2022.
Please take a look at the district Parent Update newsletter - October 28, 2022
PLEASE LIKE boulderhillpta ON FACEBOOK
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 31 - Halloween day
- November 1 - Fannie May fundraiser ends
- November 1-2 - Día de los Muertos (Day of the dead)
- November 3 - PTA food night
- November 3 (7-8:30pm): SD 308 Student Coalition Presents: AMPLIFYING “Mental Health”
- November 4 - Kendall County Community Food Pantry Oswego Satellite site
- November 6 - Daylight Savings Time "Fall Back" one hour
- November 7 - Blessing Bows submission deadline
- November 7-11 - National School Psychologist Week
- November 8 - Election Day. No School. District Closed.
- November 10 - Veterans honored guest visits
- November 10 - Parent Teacher Conference 2:00 PM dismissal
- November 10 - Parent Teacher Conferences 4PM - 8PM
- November 11 - No School (EC-8th)
- November 11 - End of 1st Trimester
- November 16 - PTA Daughter/VIP event
- November 17 (6-7pm): Let's Discuss Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging On Google Meets!
- November 18 - Watch Dogs Day
- November 23-25 - No School (schools and district closed)
- November 24 - Thanksgiving Day
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health & Wellness are important, but often overlooked. Remember that there are a number of resources available to SD308 students and families.