Fourth Grade News
Updates from Ms. Smith's Class
- You are receiving a lot of papers in Friday folders, so I thought it might be helpful to keep newsletters separate and online. If you would prefer a paper copy in Friday folders, please let me know.
- I sent a test e-mail Thursday this week. Thank you for replying! Please contact me if you did not receive it.
- Thank you for keeping our classroom peanut free!
- Library check-out starts next week. We will check out and return books on Tuesdays.
- Scholastic book orders were due today. I'll wait to submit them until Monday in case you'd like to place an order online (code: Q86Z3) or send a check to school made out to Scholastic Reading Club.
- I am thrilled with the way your children are learning to live together as a school family! They are good to one another, cooperative, and engaged in their learning. It's going to be a great year! I try to keep updates concise, so please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you! -Kendra Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Science with Mrs. Sorenson
Social Studies with Mrs. Warner
Students now know more about a fun activity I do once a week, called STATE STUMPER. Once or twice a year, your child will be given a bag of state books and a template, to create 4 different clues about ONE chosen state. This is top secret; as clues are shared in class on Thursday with their classmates. The goal is to try to figure out the mystery state by using resources and using the State Stumper’s given clues to help narrow down the secret state. Please help your child prepare for this when it is their turn by allowing them practice time to read orally the clues and to catch any last minute spelling errors. Thanks for your help.
*Our next State Stumper is Frankie!