From the Principal
Dear Jaguar Families,
Happy February! It's hard to believe we're already in the second month of the year. Thanks for sharing your sweet kiddos with us each and every day. They are such a joy, and we are grateful we get to invest in their lives.
Dr. Glenn and Mrs. Hassell
Announcements & Reminders
- Please call the main office 417-523-3900 if you'd like to visit with your classroom teacher. Ms. Jennelle or Ms. Felicia will leave a note for your child's teacher and they will call you back during their plan time or after school. Please refrain from calling teachers on their classroom phones.
- If your student is going to be absent, please call the main office to let us know.
- Your child's safety is of upmost importance to us. If you drop off your student in the morning, please ensure that you are following the carline procedures. This helps our carline run safely and efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Be sure to join the Jeffries Elementary Facebook page. On your child's birthday, your student will take a picture with Jeffrey the Jaguar and receive a book. We will post these on Facebook, if your student doesn't have a media block.
- The Jeffries Journal will come out once a month.
- Mark your calendar for upcoming music performances:
- 2nd Grade: February 22nd from 5:00-5:30 PM
- 1st Grade: March 7th from 5:00-5:30 PM
- 3rd Grade: April 25th from 5:00-5:30 PM
February Attendance Challenge
Our Jaguars have been working hard to reach our school goal of 95% attendance. Our current attendance is 93.19%. To reach our attendance goal, we will be participating in an attendance incentive called Friendship February. Classrooms will work together to reach 95% attendance or better each day. Each day that they reach that goal they will add a bead to their friendship bracelet. Classrooms with an overall attendance of 95% or better will receive an incentive each week. Those include:
February 1-9: Friendship Coloring/Crossword/Word Search Time
February 12-16: Valentines Rice Krispies
February 20-23: K-2 - Time with Dr. Glenn or Mrs. Hassell (craft, game, story, play) 3-5- Dodgeball or Kickball with Dr. Glenn or Mrs. Hassell
February 26- March 1: Extra free choice Chromebook time
The classroom with the highest overall attendance in K-2 and 3-5 will receive a Friendship bracelet/Lego building party! We need your support to reach our attendance goal. Attendance is imperative to ensuring our students meet their academic goals and develop social and emotional skills. Additionally, research shows that good school attendance is linked directly to high school graduation rates. We appreciate you encouraging your students and partnering with us to reach our goal!
Please continue reviewing the PRIDE matrix (pictured below) with your student and talking to them about how they model these behaviors at school. This month, your child is earning signatures to spend on the following experiences:
1 Signature: Your pick! Read independently, write, or draw
20 Signatures: Spin the Prize Wheel
30 Signatures: Extra Recess (Weather permitting)
75 Signatures: Popcorn Bar and Trivia (K-2, 3-5)
100 Signatures: How to Catch a Leprechaun with Courter
150 Signatures: March Madness with Coach Heffner
From the Nurse
Lost & Found:
- There were several clothing items left in the Lost and Found before break.
- Please remind your student to check the Lost and Found if they are missing items such as jackets, sweatshirts, coats, hats and gloves.
- At the end of each semester, the leftover items are donated to the PTA Clothing Bank.
Cox CARE Mobile:
- The Cox CARE Mobile will be at scheduled SPS sites offering FREE immunizations, sports physicals and sick visits.
- Please contact Nurse Tiffany to schedule.
- Reminder to please NEVER send a medication in the student's backpack.
- Paperwork needs to be signed by both the parent/guardian and the nurse and the medication will be properly locked up in the nurse's office.
- Students are not allowed to self-administer medications during school.
- Any medication sent in the backpack will be confiscated and locked up in the nurse's office.
From the Counselor
- Thursday, February 15th at 5:30 PM
- Thursday, April 11th at 5:30 PM
- Thursday, May 9th at 5:30 PM
PTA Dress-Up Days
Each month PTA facilitates a dress-up day for students and staff. All staff and students are invited to participate by paying $1.00. This is an easy way to support our PTA so that they can support our teachers and students. The February dress-up day is Thursday, February 15th. A flyer will go home with your student next week.
Mark Your Calendar
February 1-29: February Attendance Challenge (See information above)
2: PBIS Signature Spending Parties, Celebration Assemblies, and Student of the Month
5: Super Bowl Spirit Week-Mahomes Monday: Wear your favorite hat, headband, or crazy hair
6: Super Bowl Spirit Week-Team Time Tuesday: Dress like your favorite player, ref, coach, or cheerleader
7: Super Bowl Spirit Week-Dreaming of a Win Wednesday: Wear your pajamas
8: Super Bowl Spirit Week- Travis Kelce Thursday: Wear your favorite hat, sunglasses, necklaces, or other accessories
9: Super Bowl Spirit Week-Fired Up Friday: Wear your favorite football team's gear
9: Friendship Parties (1:00-2:00 PM)
15: PTA Dress-Up Day (Bring $1 to participate)
16: Bowling Night (5:00-8:00 PM)
19: No School-President's Day
22: 2nd Grade Musical (5:00-5:30 PM)
22: Bingo Night and Books (5:30- 6:30 PM)
Jeffries Start and Dismissal Times
Doors Unlock (and breakfast begins) at 7:00 AM. The bell rings (and breakfast ends) at 7:20 AM.
School Dismisses at 2:20 PM.
*For safety purposes, please do not leave your child unattended or waiting outside the school entrance doors prior to the doors being unlocked at 7:00 AM.
Jeffries Elementary Mission
As a Jeffries Jaguar I will be safe, respectful, and responsible so we can Learn, Live, and Lead together.