Newsletter Week 4 Term 1 2022
St Joseph's Catholic School Morrinsville MARCH 1st
We hope you are well and happy. Covid has really taking off through our community and the rest of New Zealand. As case numbers continue to grow, so will household contacts. Phase 3 came into play last Thursday. A key step in this phase is that only household contacts of confirmed cases need to isolate. We currently have a a growing number of families that are in this position. At this stage, the confirmed cases are mainly adults who were exposed through their workplaces. We wish them well and thank them for being so diligent in contacting us.
School continues as normal at St Joes. We have our middle/senior swimming sports event next week. Unfortunately, this is a closed event due to limited numbers allowed onsite. No spectators, it is children, staff and helpers only. We are organising the event so that the children are staggered over the day. This means that we will have competitive/non competitive events and most of the children will be at the event for half of the time. We do require timekeepers, so if you are available, please leave your name at the school office. Helpers must be fully vaccinated and show their vaccine pass.
Thank you so much for all you are doing. We are so lucky to have such a kind, caring community around us!
God Bless you. Keep safe, keep well. May your light shine.
Covid Update PHASE 3
Our school will inform you if/when we have confirmed cases (staff/student) in our school community. If you are notified that your child is a close/casual contact, please monitor for symptoms and get tested if they appear.
Rapid testing is available at the Recreation Grounds, entrance off Avenue Road South , 9:30 am - 12 noon, seven days a week.
Can you support?
- orange juice (shelf)
- packet of biscuits
- tins of spaghetti/baked beans
Next time you are at the supermarket, and are able to pop one of these items in your trolley, it would be so appreciated! Our amazing PFC are organising some other food items for us.
Please give your items to your children to pass on to their class teacher or pop in the container outside the student foyer.
First Communion, Confirmation and Reconciliation
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAMME 2022
We are getting ready to begin Sacramental preparations for children, with a Parents meeting on Tuesday 1st March at 7pm in the Parish Lounge. Any parent wanting their child to take part in the Sacramental programme, please contact the school or Parish Office to complete an enrolment form. No late enrolments will be accepted.
· First Reconciliation for Morrinsville will be on Tuesday 29th March at 3.30pm.
· Confirmation will be on Sunday 22 nd May at 2pm in Te Aroha (whole Parish celebration)
· First Communion for Morrinsville will be on Sunday 19 th June at 9am
Our New St Joseph's Catholic School Website
- covid questions
- general school information
- what you need to know about St Joes
Icy Pop Fridays
Swimming Sports 2022 :Senior & Middle School
What You Need to Know : Ordering Student Subway Lunches
- Tuesday/Thursday - Swimmers to town pool
- Friday, March 4th - World Day of Prayer
- Sunday, March 6th - First Sunday of Lent
- Monday, March 7th order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- Wednesday, March 9th - Yr 4-8 Swimming Sports
- Sunday, March 13th - Second Sunday of Lent
- Monday, March 14th order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- Thursday, March 17th - St Patrick's Day -Feast Day