By: Evelyn Graham
All About Venus
- Venus takes 224.65 days to orbit the Sun.
- It is 67.24 million miles from the Sun.
- The planet is the hottest planet so it is a reddish-orange color.
- Its neighboring planets are Mercury to the left and Earth to the right.
- Venus's diameter is 12,103 km and the Sun's diameter is 1.4 million km. The Sun is 115 times larger than Venus.
- Scientists think there might have been volcanoes on Venus because its surface has been shaped by extensive volcanic activity.
- In the historical times, it was called Venus by the Romans for the god of love and Aphrodite by the Greeks for their god of love.