Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 2/26/2021
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Powerful Teaching and Learning
On Tuesday, we practiced our Secure the Building Annex, and we will do this again on Monday, March 1st. As always, these drills point out strengths and weaknesses in our protocols. Your feedback to your supervisors on what works and doesn’t with these drills is vital to our improvement.
- At our school board meeting on Wednesday, the board discussed opening plans for the fall, heard a quarterly update from Middle School principal, Kristi Krieg, received a Title I, LAP, Migrant, Bilingual report from our ESD leads, heard a monthly budget update, and I provided a monthly report.
- The link below is to the district’s website, where you’ll find the district’s Covid-19 health plan and protocols. It’s titled: “Tonasket SD COVID Planning, Phases, & Health Protocols.” Whenever there’s a change to the document, the date is changed, so you know it’s kept up-to-date.
Parent and Community Engagement
Tiger athletics have started, and our first competitions start this weekend. Below is the link to live stream events and the THS Week at a Glance.
TEA and PSE Updates
If you watch the news around the state, teachers and classified unions are often mentioned as being a barrier to opening schools. I want to state publicly how much I appreciate the working relationship between the district and our PSE and TEA groups as we have worked through managing school during COVID. They have been great partners and have helped us build and revise plans as we have progressed in our educational offerings. They are a big part of our success this year.
We’ve received a grant through OSPI for $4,825 to purchase a milk cooler for the middle school cafeteria. The additional milk cooler will provide extra space to offer more food options such as parfaits, yogurt, pre-packaged salads, strawberry milk, and extra juice.
COVID Data Dashboard - Data for February 22 - February 26
- Positive COVID cases in our school community since starting school - 29
- New members of our school community (students and/or staff) reporting as a new positive - 0
- New Cohorts required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Classrooms required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Grade levels required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Schools required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- Staff with at least first vaccine - 66