Falcon Ridge Family Updates
January 3, 2023
News and Tidbits
I hope you had an amazing Christmas break with your family! We are anticipating a productive new year at Falcon Ridge Charter School.
This week our 5th graders will be visiting Starbase Idaho at Gowen Field. They will be engaging in STEM learning activities throughout the week.
Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
Also, please remember to send warm outerwear for recess and Fit Club. Even though it is fall, we still try to provide opportunities for the students to go outside for fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. Research has shown this benefits learning.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is responsibility. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Keep on Truckin',
Sign Up ASAP!
Join us for Ski Night! The deadline for ski night is on Jan. 4th, which is tomorrow. Please sign up through My School Bucks. We need at least six more participants to sign up for us to be able to have our lessons up there. If you have any questions please contact Tara Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having Fun in Fit Club
Our goal is to provide an academic environment free of distractions being conducive to learning and a social environment that supports the development of kind and respectful relationships. Use of any electronic devices such as cell phones must be turned off and in your backpack at all times. Any student using their phone or any electronic device other than before or after school will have them confiscated. If a student needs to contact a parent, he or she should come to the office. Conversely, if a parent needs to contact a student, he or she should contact the office.
Happy Birthday Mrs. Jones! (12/17/22)
Happy Birthday Mrs. DiGiovanni-Norton! (1/5/23)
Average Daily Attendance
K - 92.71%
1st - 88.36%
2nd - 91.81%
3rd - 95.69%
4th - 95.45%
5th - 95.45%
6th - 98.48%
7th - 98.48%
8th - 95.16%
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
Resources for Parents
9 Ways to Teach Kids to Take Responsibility for Their Actions - Homeschool Adventure
Teaching Kids Responsibility: Setting Them Up for Success
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
1/3 ~ FIRST DAY BACK1/4 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
1/4 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
1/6 - End of Quarter 2
1/10 - Board Meeting @ 6:30p.m.
1/16 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
1/17 - Middle School Boys Basketball Home Game @ 4:00p.m.
1/18 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
1/20 - Ski Night at Bogus Basin @ 5:00p.m.
STEM Club Dates
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.