HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
I believe strongly that a child's education is a partnership between home and school, so I hope this newsletter gives you a little more information about what is going on at HMS. I also want to encourage you to make use of the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus to see our daily announcements and keep up to date with your child's grades. We also look forward to seeing you at Parent Teacher Conferences if not before.
Missouri Retired Teachers Foundation Grant
Parent Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, Oct. 27th, 6pm
164 Blue Pride Drive
MAP Testing Results
The MAP results for the spring 2016 testing session have arrived and will be available for pick up during parent teacher conferences. If you would like your child's results prior to conferences, please contact the office or Maranda Anderson at 573.486.2116 ext 1306 to arrange a time to pick them up.
Sunny D Book Spree
HMS student e-mail accounts were recently activated and teachers have begun instructing students on proper use. Student e-mail accounts are to be used for educational purposes only and, like all other technology at school, must be used according to the district acceptable use policy.
The following guidelines are provided to assist students in the effective use of e-mail:
Uses for Student e-mail:
- Teachers may send email to communicate reminders, course content, pose questions related to classwork, etc.
- Students may send email to teachers with questions or comments regarding class
- Student may send emails to one another to collaborate on group projects and assist with school classes
General email guidelines for students:
- Email is to be used for school-related communication
- Do not share your or another person's email address with those outside of school
- If you are questioning the appropriateness of an email you are about to send, do not send it
- If you receive an inappropriate email, do not forward- notify a teacher or the principal
Consequences of misuse:
- Should a student be found to have inappropriately used the email system, the email will be turned over to the principal. Depending on the situation, the student may lose email privileges, receive detention or suspension, or be turned over to the appropriate authorities.