Weekly Warrior for Families
September 1, 2023
No school for students Monday Sept. 4 (Labor Day) or Tuesday Sept. 5 (teacher in-service)
Parent Teacher Conferences
Ice Cream on Friday
Also, if you would like to help volunteer during these times, please use the sign up link below.
Morning drop-off / Afternoon pick-up
Reminder: please be mindful of our neighbors on Wateree, Oak, and Yadkin Streets during morning drop off and afternoon pickup. We want to ensure that our carlines do not block our neighbor's driveways.
Drug Abstinence Club (Be Kind To Your Mind)
Reminder as temperatures change...
Also, the air conditioner will remain on for a while, so the classrooms may seem cool for some. Remind your child to bring a light jacket/hoodie to keep in their backpack, as needed. Again, we try to utilize our jacket/hoodie supply for true needs.
7th Grade Trips
8th grade Washington DC trip
Clothes closet needs
- girls shorts (dress code appropriate), elastic waistband preferred
- joggers/sweatpants (girls/boys)
- hoodies (size M, L, XL)
- tennis shoes, rubber sole shoes (not heels/wedges or dress shoes please)
Water bottle filling stations
Junior Spirit Shaker Opportunity
Weightlifting Opportunity for Middle School
YMCA Afterschool Program
Senior Director of School Age Childcare
KINGSPORT FAMILY YMCA
Please keep your contact information updated. This can be done through your Aspen Parent Portal or by contacting LeAnn Franklin 378-2435 in the counseling office. It's vitally important that we have current contact phone numbers and a correct address for each student. If your email changes be sure to let us know that as well.
You MUST present an ID when visiting Sevier or checking out your student.
Please try to have after school arrangements communicated with your child prior to them arriving to school.
Students attending sporting events need to remain with their guardian. Students that are dropped off without an adult with them will not be allowed to enter the sporting event.
KCS Middle School Cell Phone Policy
Students’ cell phones and other electronic devices are to be turned off and not visible upon a student’s arrival to school (upon entering the building) until the end of the student’s school day. Students must store their cell phones and other electronic devices in their backpacks (exceptions may be granted for medical or other extraordinary circumstances as determined by the building principal or designee). Cell phones may be confiscated if this rule is violated. When confiscated from students, parents will be asked to retrieve the cell phone from the school administration.
1st offense - The item will be confiscated and kept at the school for a minimum of five (5) consecutive school days. To retrieve the confiscated item, a parent or guardian must contact the appropriate administrator.
2nd offense - When a student has a second offense during the current semester, the item will be confiscated for a minimum of ten (10) school days. A parent or guardian must retrieve the confiscated item from the front office.
3rd offense - When a student has a third offense during the current semester, the item may be confiscated for the remainder of the school year. A parent or guardian may retrieve the confiscated item at the end of the school day on the last day of the school year.
Hello from our PTO
JSMS PTA transitioned to a PTO at the end of last school year. What does that even mean? It means that membership is FREE now! It also means that we get to keep 100% of all our donations and are not required to send any funds to the national organization. We are working hard to finalize all the transition details. Be on the lookout in the next Weekly Warrior for more membership information.
Need some swag? We have created an online shop where you can order at your convenience. We outsourced a local vendor for our spirit shop this year and we couldn't be happier. Go check it out! It's more than just tees. We have our very own Stanley Dupe! Visit the link below to order!
We do have a few spots to fill in our slate of officers. We are looking for a President (or President co-chair) position. If you are interested in helping serve on this board, please reach out to Jessica Slaughter at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
September 4 - September 8, 2022
Monday, September 4
- Labor Day (no students or staff)
Tuesday, September 5
KCS - Inservice Day (no students)
Volleyball Game vs. RNR at TAC
Cross Country Panther Creek Meet, Morristown >Girls 5:00/ Boys 5:30
Wednesday, September 6
- Prayer Warriors Meeting in the Library at 7:15am
- The First Payment for the 8th grade Washington DC Trip will be taken up on Thursday, September 7 in the Big Gym beginning at 7 am. The first payment is $250. and needs to be turned in with all paperwork filled out. Students have already received paperwork about the trip in their History class.
- Cross Country Practice 3-4 at Sevier
- There will be a Sequoyah Scribe staff meeting on Wednesday from 2:50 to 3:30 in the auditorium. All staff members are required to attend. The editors will meet until 5:00 pm.
- Football Practice 3-4:30
- JrROTC -2:45-4 in the library - Permission form must be on file. Please see Mrs. Williamson in the Library for a form.
Thursday, September 7
- Picture Day
- The First Payment for the 8th grade Washington DC Trip will be taken up in the Big Gym beginning at 7 am. The first payment is $250. and needs to be turned in with all paperwork filled out. Students have already received paperwork about the trip in their History class.
- Cross Country Practice 3-4 at Sevier
- Middle School Weight Lifting 3:10-4:10 at the DB Weight Room. Students can ride the bus from Sevier to D-B if needed. Open to anyone with a physical on file. If you have any questions, see Coach Luethke.
- Volleyball Game vs. Central at Central
- Football Game vs. Indian Trail @ DB
- Robotics - 2:45- 4:30 in the library. Permission form must be on file. Please see Mrs. Williamson or Ms. Leonard for a form.
- Games Club will meet for the first time in Mr. Olson's room (326) from 3-4. Permission slip forms must be turned in to attend.
Friday, September 8
- Cross Country Practice 3:10-4 at Domtar Park
Save the Date
- Yearbooks are now on sale. Only until September 15, Jostens is offering 4 free icons with the purchase of a customized yearbook. Click here to reserve your copy of the yearbook!