Ms. Hallman's Parent Update
Week of December 14th-18th
- Wednesday we will take our test on Forces and Motion. Look for study guide to come home on Monday.
- We will assess problem solving one day this week, most likely Wednesday.
- Tuesday 2nd grade classes will eat lunch in the classrooms since the cafeteria will be in use throughout the day by classes for fun activities planned by a group of parent volunteers. 2nd grade classes will be participating from 9:50-10:40.
- Wednesday 2nd grade classes will also eat in the classroom due to the 3rd-5th grade Christmas lunch.
- Friday our class will make a special edible Christmas treat.
https://code.org/learn The Hour of Code presented by Mrs. Middleton. This week she showed them how to use this link to program droids and create their own Star Wars game in a galaxy far, far away. The students asked her to share the link so they could try it at home.
Monday, Dec. 14 - Holiday Tree
Tuesday, Dec. 15 - Ugly sweater
Wednesday, Dec. 16 - Candy Cane
Thursday, Dec. 17- Holiday Socks and Hats/Pajamas for kindergarten
Friday, Dec. 18 - Pajamas/Reindeer for Kindergarten
Parent Teacher Conferences...Look for Sign-up Genius in January
Please look over your child's work and initial each of the pages.
COMMUNICATION FOLDERS ARE DUE TOMORROW.
1- The student has very little knowledge on the concept being taught. (less than 60%)
2- The student is developing in the area of the concept that is being taught.(60%-70%)
3- The student has mastered the concept being taught. (80%-100%)
4- The student is performing above what is expected with no help from the teacher.
December 17 3-5 Christmas Luncheon
PARENT INFO FROM THE PRINCIPAL
As we begin our year we are focused on how we can improve the health and wellness of all of our students. Our SIC goals will focus on fitness and healthy living.We plan to build fitness trails, create fitness mentors for our students that need that, and explore the possibility of a community garden.
Any changes to the way your child is normally dismissed from school need to be communicated in writing. Please do not call your child's teacher to communicate a dismissal change. If it is an emergency, you can call the front office personnel to assist you.
- BOX TOP collections every Friday. This year PTO is aiming high to reach a goal of $1958.00 Sam's Club has partnered with BOX TOP for EDUCATION and is offering 100 extra eBox tops if you purchase 3 BOX TOP items on the same day. This equals to $10. per receipt for our school. All you have to do is take a picture of the receipt, email the picture to email@example.com and receive a unique code. Enter your code at SamsClub.com/BoxTops to send our school the eBox tops.
- See what PTA has planned!