The Paw Print
Weekly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of December 13th
A message from Mrs. Lucas
Here we are in our last week of the calendar year! As we head off to winter break and what will hopefully be memorable and healthy family time, I want to thank you all for your continued support and commitment to both your child's education and our district health protocols to ensure that school is able to function as smoothly as possible as we continue to navigate the pandemic together. Your understanding and positive attitude certainly make each day more pleasant!
Please remember that when you speak to the office team, they are doing their job and following the protocols they've been given to ensure the health and safety of everyone here at school. Your patience and understanding is always appreciated!
Have a wonderful holiday break and we'll see you all in 2022!
Upcoming Events and Calendar
- December 16th ~ Student Council Dress Up Day - wear your PJ's to school
- December 20th-31st ~ WINTER BREAK
- January 3rd ~ Return to School
- January 6th ~ GATE Informational Parent Mtg via Zoom, 6 pm
- January 5th ~ February 11th ~ CHOICE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN
Free Online Reading Resource for CA Families
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond announced a partnership with Renaissance that will provide unlimited access to myON digital books and daily news articles for all pre-K to grade twelve students in California from December 1, 2021, through January 31, 2022.
This initiative aims to give students The Gift of Literacy during the winter break by providing opportunities to engage in reading at home, at school, and in the community.
Click here to read the letter to families on how to register for online access to this free reading resource!
We held our Trimester One 1st-6th Grade Award's Assemblies! Congrats and excellent work by all!
Love and Logic Parenting Classes
Brookhaven PTA News
We continue to thank our PTA Board and ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have a new PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: email@example.com
Attendance and Health Reminders
- School starts at 7:50 each day and students are expected to be on their assigned playground by 7:45 am. We close the gates promptly at 7:50 am each day. Students arriving after that time will need to go through the office to check in prior to going to their classroom and will be marked tardy. Please plan accordingly each morning to ensure that students arrive on time, no later than 7:45 am, ready to learn. As a reminder, the gates open at 7:35 each morning.
- Students should have all of the materials necessary for each day including homework, lunches, water bottles and, if applicable, their musical instrument. Students are learning about responsibility and accountability when it comes to these items, so we encourage parents to NOT drop off forgotten items. All students are able to receive a school lunch for free; they just need to order one with the daily lunch count. If homework or instruments are forgotten, it is a valuable lesson learned for students that, typically, doesn't happen again.
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.