AHES Panther News
2022 Connection: January 14, 2022
Anaheim Hills Elementary School
We had a busy first week back from Winter Break! As you are aware, our surrounding communities are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases. Please see the reminders below of what you can do to help and when not to send your child to school.
How you can help:
1) Please communicate to your student(s) the importance of wearing a mask as required, encourage them to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer, and remind them to cover their noses and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
2) It is critical that parents and guardians keep their students home when they are sick and report all absences, positive cases, exposures, and illnesses to their child's school immediately. Please make sure that your student does not attend school and gets tested as soon as possible if they have symptoms associated with the coronavirus.
The following is a list of reasons that students should not attend school, and the school’s office should be contacted:
● Has tested positive for COVID-19
● Is awaiting COVID-19 test results
● Has been identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or has had possible exposure to someone with COVID-19
● Is experiencing any symptom(s) of COVID-19, including:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, or abdominal pain
- Runny nose, congestion, itchy or red eyes, or chills
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
● If a student is unvaccinated and traveled out of the country over the break, the CDC recommends self-quarantining 7 days after return from the international destination, with a COVID test on day 3-5 upon return (or 10 days without testing).
- An individual is considered vaccinated two weeks AFTER their second vaccination in a two-dose series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks AFTER receiving a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson&Johnson/Janssen).
If in doubt, please keep your student home and contact the Anaheim Hills Elementary School staff by emailing AnaheimHillsPrincipal@orangeusd.org and someone from the office will be in contact with you as soon as possible to advise you on next steps and to help identify the soonest return to school date.
3)For information on free at home COVID-19 test kits and in-person COVID-19 testing options, please see this communication from our Superintendent. If your child is placed on quarantine or isolation and you are having trouble with test access, please contact the front office.
Thank you for your continued commitment to keeping our students, staff, and school community safe and healthy.
Mrs. Van Wilgen Moore
Mark Your Calendars
- January 17th - No School in Observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 19th - School Fire Drill
- January 20th - PTA Association Meeting
- January 24th - The Great Kindness Challenge Week
- January 27th - School Site Council Meeting Virtual @ 2:40 PM
- January 28th - School Earthquake Drill
- 2021-2022 District Student Calendar
LCAP Deadline This Week - We Need Your Help
AHES has had VERY LITTLE response in taking the LCAP Survey - WE NEED YOUR INPUT!! THIS IS COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS AND WE NEED PARENTS TO TAKE THIS SURVEY. Help us continue to refine programs, services, and improve student achievement through our Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). Orange Unified School District (OUSD) is collecting anonymous responses from parents, teachers, principals, and students to allow them to provide input on the LCAP. Become a critical partner engaged in providing an outstanding 21st-century education for all students. OUSD truly wants to hear from you on this survey, as these results will guide the (LCAP) for the 2022-23 school year.
City of Anaheim Opening Ceremony - Postponed
Saturday Enrichment Academy - January 29th! - Sign Up Now!
This event will be open to all 6 local elementary schools: Anaheim Hills, Canyon Rim, Crescent, Imperial, Nohl Canyon and Running Spring to supplement ADA. The date will be January 29th, 2022. The Super STEAM Saturday School event will take place from 8:00 am - 12:15 pm at Canyon HS. This event was has been held in the past and was a huge success. Check-in will be at 7:45 AM at the faculty lot campus entrance.
Our school has a limited amount of spots available, and you will be contacted if selected and provided a registration form.
El Rancho Information for 6th Grade Families
El Rancho will host 7th grade information nights when we return in January. On January 18th and 19th, they will have in-person meetings and on January 20th there will be a virtual meeting via Zoom. Parents are welcome to attend either meeting, as each will review the same content. They have divided the meetings up by school to provide physical distancing in the gym. Try to attend the meeting designated for AHES, but you CAN attend a different session if the day/time works better for you.
OUSD OPEN ENROLLMENT 2022-2023
K-12 OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
OPEN FROM JANUARY 17-31, 2022
Open Enrollment is for students who would like to attend a school other than their home school, assigned based upon their area of residence. You may find your "home" school by looking up your address at SchoolLocator at http://apps.schoolsitelocator.com/?districtcode=57964.
Open Enrollment applications for K-12 grades will be available online between January 17-January 31, 2022. Please complete your online application during this time period. Schools will have computers available for your convenience. Fill out your application completely and submit one application per school that you would like to attend. You may submit an application to as many schools as you like, one application per school.
Open Enrollment closes on January 31, 2022 at 4:00 P.M. School sites will hold a lottery and notify families of their lottery number, beginning February 03, 2022. Once the number of openings in a school is determined, the school will start notifying families, starting with the first person on the list and offer them a spot in their school. Parents may accept or deny the offer. If denied the school will move on to the next person on the list and parents may not change their mind once they have denied.
If you wish to request Open Enrollment for the current school year, please contact Student and Community Services at 714-628-5424.
COVID-19 Student Testing Opportunities
Voluntary, cost-free COVID-19 testing is available four times per week to all interested students. This type of surveillance testing program is recommended by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Event Time: Monday to Thursday 2:00pm – 5:00pm **Closed Monday 1/17/22 due to holiday
Event Locations: Canyon High School / El Modena High School Orange High School / Villa Park High School 2:00 - 2:30 is reserved for HS staff/students
Please follow the below steps to schedule your COVID-19 test:
1. Use the Registration Link or QR Code to access registration for the event
2. Complete the COVID-19 questionnaire, including all consent forms, and time slot selection for each patient that will be tested
3. Bring a copy of your insurance card and state issued ID with you to the event
4. Expect to receive your results within 2 days from the date of testing via text message or phone call from the doctor. If you have not been contacted by us within 2 days, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your email with your results
Registration Link: https://apps.livingfitnation.com/covid/registration?q=ZC128mzcc9lFeeoTzoXp3w%3D%3D