By: McKenzie Messmer
Born Karl Anderson Jr. on August 9, 1959. (56 years old)
- Michael Kors was born in Long Island New York to former model, Joan Hamburg and her first husband, Karl Anderson Sr. (Kors later changed his name at the age of 5 when his mother married Bill Kors)
Kors Fashion Capital's are primarily New York and Paris
- He is most known for his American sportswear, further denoted as Women's apparel such as blouses, skirts, shirts, and shorts- both day and evening wear, as well as watches, and handbags.
- His MICHAEL Michael Kors line include's women's handbags, shoes, ready-to-wear apparel, and accessories such as watches
- His KORS Michael Kors line includes footwear and jeans
- Kors has full collection boutiques in New York, Beverly Hills, Palm Beach, Manhattan and Chicago. 2011 marked Kors's thirtieth year in business
- Michelle Obama wore a Michael Kors black sleeveless dress in her first term official portrait as First Lady
- Kors also served as a judge on Project Runway until his announcement of his departure on December 18, 2012
- In his tenure at Celine, Kors turned the fashion house around with successful accessories and a critically acclaimed ready-to-wear line. Kors left Celine in October 2003 to concentrate on his own brand. Kors launched his menswear line in 2002.
- His style can be characterized as impeccable, ultra glamorous, classic, and sexy
Michael Kors | Spring Summer 2016 Full Fashion Show | Exclusive