May is filled with assessments, field trips, celebrations, and graduations. It is a very exciting time of year. Please be sure to check out the important dates below so you are in the know. We had to cancel the Tea with Mom on the 12th, but we do have a special surprise for all of our mothers to send home with students.
Thank you to those of you who filled out the survey about the 23-24 school calendar. Out of the 156 parents who responded, 67% of parents stated they were in favor of adding 4 or 8 additional teacher planning days to the calendar for next year. A new calendar will be proposed to our school board to add 4 additional teacher work days for the 23-24 school year. The dates proposed will be September 1, September 29, October 27, December 8, January 6, February 2, March 1, April 26 ( these days include the 3 days that were already scheduled for teacher work days.). We are very excited to provide our teachers these additional days to give them time to plan and prepare engaging, rigorous instruction for your children.
It has been a great year at Palm Bay Schools, "The 1104":
- We have seen significant growth in each of our students.
- Opportunities to learn about careers was provided at our second annual Truck Day, where we welcomed business members and owners to share the services they provide here in our community.
- We have competed in middle school sports with Bay County Schools.
- We are set to compete in high school soccer and softball next year.
- We were the first high school in Bay County to have an Esports team, which competed with a number of different schools in the state and south east region.
- One of our seniors, Dominick Augusto was chosen as Bay County's No Ordinary Joe and will receive $13,000 in scholarship money from the St. Joe Company.
- Learning experiences outside the classroom included trips to Zoo World, Gulf World, and Oakland Terrace Park. Fun celebrations to Orlando's Universal Studio Adventures and Shipwreck will be enjoyed by students also!
- And more - too many things to list :)
IMPORTANT DATES 📆
- May 2- 18 - State testing
- May5 - Kindergarten field trip to Oakland Terrace Park, 1st grade to Wonder Works
- May 12 - Last day for Seniors
- May 17 - MS/HS Field trip to Shipwreck
- May 18- High School Graduation @ 6:00 p.m. in cafeteria
- May 19 - 5th Grade field trip to Shipwreck
- May 24 - 8th Grade Step Up Celebration @ 2:00 p.m. in cafeteria
- May 24 - Water Play Day for Elementary students
- May 25 - Kindergarten Graduation @ 9:30 a.m.
- May 25 -5th Grade Celebration @ 2:00 p.m.
- May 26 - Last Day of School EARLY RELEASE FOR ALL STUDENTS @ 11:30 a.m.